Need a tow car and have a low budget

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Wasn't there a super duper high performance Vauxhall Vectra in about 1996 that went like a bat out of hell. I drove one and the performance was breath taking and you had to be very careful. It was not my car.
Are you thinking of the VXR8?

6 litre 600 BHP but it wasn't released until 2007. Staying on topic, I'd imagine it would tow quite well. :ROFLMAO: ;)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are you thinking of the VXR8?

6 litre 600 BHP but it wasn't released until 2007. Staying on topic, I'd imagine it would tow quite well. :ROFLMAO: ;)
Thanks. I thought that it had the designation VX, but probably not the same car. I think it was about 2000 that I drove one? Too much power.

Felt great on pulling of and on a straight run, but I was unsure on bends especially on A roads which are bumpy as it felt as if the rear end wanted to break away. Only drove it for about 100 miles and that was enough.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it's the one I'm thinking of it was based on an Australian Holden vehicle. It may not have be homologated for towing.
When I worked in Oz my boss had one of those Holdens. Absolutely awesome, probably able to pull the A frame off a caravan or alternatively leave its boot structure on the dust.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts