need help to make mind up

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
john

hi can any one help me i am thinking of getting a new car on motability but only have a small deposit for the down payment

could any one advise me on wich to get i have looked at toyota and nissan 1800 petrol and renault 1500 diesel as well as the

2.0 litre petrol auto ford c max i pull a caravan with a MTPLM of 1150kg thank you

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
John,

Without a doubt go for the deisel I have towed both with deisel and petrol and there is no comparison although I have never tried the C Max I have read that they are very much in comparison with the Mondeo 2lt TDCI which I tow with now albeit a manual I have no experience of driving with an automatic at least not in recent years.

I have also read that towing with an Auto. may require an oil cooler but your Max weight seems fairly low but it would be better if you took expert advice,

Hope I have been some help

Will

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

This is a how long is a piece of string question! If you can let me know the make/model of your caravan I will try to get some info for you.

I would always use a diesel tow car if possible, if the only choice you have on the motability list is petrol then I would personally go for the Ford C Max.

regards,

Pop

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Zetec TDCi

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

I make your Lunar 417 ( 4 berth ) MIRO about 900Kg assum 250 Kg payload.

The Ford focus C-Max 2.0 TDCi (100KW/134bhp)manual transmission. Note that the auto will be slightly lower in weight. Max tow limit for car would be approx 1400Kg.

The above figures may not help you very much, so if you would like further info, you could try www.whattowcar.co.uk or

www.caravantalk.org.co.uk and search the forums there for help on a suitable tow car for your Lunar.

Best of luck,

Pop

Lunar LX2000 462 miro 900kg MTPLW = 1140kg

with Ford mondeo zetec 2.0 TDCi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts