Nemesis Wheel Clamp Problems!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I know there are a couple of you guys that have the Nemesis Wheel Clamp and wanted to know whether you had the same problems that we have.

The round circular bit, that covers the wheels therefore protecting the wheels being removed is really loose. I went to check on the van today and I can move it up and down. At a push I reckon I could get my hand behind it. It doesn't seem very tight, or very secure. Are we doing something wrong?

We have followed the instructions, and are now beginning to think we have made a bad choice.

It hasn't been tampered with as when we bought the van at the weekend I thought it was loose then, but just gave it a good wiggle tonight to see how far it moved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really really worried!!!!!

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we have alloy wheels and fit the "jaws" inside the wheel rim, then tighten up the 1st screw so that the jaws are tight against the wheel. Then the wheel nut cover is fitted, and again the screw holding it is screwed in very tight. It helps to move both the jaws and the nut cover while tightening the screws to get a tight fit against the wheel. Lastly the locking bolt with the key is fitted. We have had no trouble fitting the Nemesis to our alloy wheels.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your advice.

Our wheels aren't alloy wheels and we have to take the wheel trims off to fit the clamp. I think that is what the problem is.

The jaws fit tight against the wheel, its just the wheel nut cover that seems loose. We are going down in the morning and will try moving the jaws and wheel nut cover whilst tightening the screw ups.

Thanks again

Sam

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
when fitting mine to my steel wheels I remove the wheel trim fit the jaw section inside the wheel not to the rim, I then find that if I lift the jaw section off the ground as I tighten the scew,it tightens further.I then fit the wheel nut cover section.

I'v not found out what the slot in the rubber jaw ends are for yet as they certainly dont seem to fit the rimm edge securly

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I think it depends on the wheel type, on ours the jaws go well past the rim, instructions say to push it well in till you get a secure fit, but show it hooked onto the edge of the rim on a ateel wheel.

Our dealer thought it would not fit our alloy wheels as they don't have this "edge", but it works fine.

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi All.The peculiarities of fitting the Nemesis really depend on your wheel size. My nemesis is fitted to the steel wheel rim via the slot in the rubber boots on the clamp altho I have to lift the clamp an inch off the ground to secure it onto the rim, thats on a 13 inch wheel mind you with the trim removed, once fitted its never loose over the nuts. If I fit the clamp further onto the wheel, the round nut cover will not come back far enough to cover the wheel nuts. this should not be a prob on a 14 wheel or bigger. When i first got my clamp i spent 30 mins trying it out for practice and I found that to connect via the wheel rim, i HAD to get my head around the back of the wheel to see the clamp on the rim....which is a bit of a nuisance when its wet n raining but HEY....it amuses the people watchers on the site. I can really recommend a couple o leg locks. I know a guy that had an attemted van theft and they got past everything but left the van in the street outside his house cos they couldnt get his legs up.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I must admit that I haven't had any problem fitting the Nemesis wheel clamp to date, but then again I do have alloy wheels which appear from other posting to be easier to fit against.

However I had my car broken into last year by some low life and the barrel of the wheel clamp was inside the car (van in for service at the time so it didn't need to be fitted). This got lifted along with other bits and bobs which would have been of absolute no use to the scum bag.

Rang Nemesis for a new lock (

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts