Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we have just taken delivery of our new nissan x trail 2.0 dci 171hp Aventura explora. We collected it yesterday morning and i know we havnt had it long but what a great car it is, well pleased. Just wondering who else has an 08 and what you have got?

Cheers fo now,

Darren

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
i havnt been able to check the hand book as the wrong one has been suplied, i some how got the hand book for the previous model, im sure that will be sorted tommorow. We towed in our previous x trail with only about 500 on the clock. Dealer said to not use too much power or labour the engine for about 200 miles then all should be ok.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Ive towed with 50 miles on the clock,engines dont need running in these days.

My company car is due to be changed this month,but ive got them to extend the lease as im after the new A4 estate.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Whenever I've sold cars to caravanners I've always told them to put at least 1000 miles on the clock before towing. Nothing to do with running in the engine but to give time for the clutch to bed in.

I've had a brand new car almost every 3 months for the last 12 years or so but not this time as I've left the trade. My wife is waiting for delivery of a new Yaris which will mean I can have the Maverick full time and to be honest I'm really looking forward to it.

Never really got attached to the company cars for obvious reasons.

Brian

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Darren

What colour is it? That's some pokey motor you have.

When we had our new Sorento the handbook specifically said do not tow until after 500 miles. At 500 miles we were told to have the wheel nuts torqued up. Maybe it was a safety thing. It didn't take long to do 500 miles.

Hope you enjoy her; or is yours a he?

Cheers

Alan

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You would never know if you put strain on the engine,

if anything mechanical when wrong in the first 3 years warranty would cover it,difficult to prove if the damage was done whilst towing.

If you bought a secondhand car you would never know its early life.

Sep 29, 2007
Visit site
The new diesel X-Trail has quite old-fashioned running-in requirements - 1000 miles (if I remember right) at quite moderate speeds. No oil change though!

I'm still not fully used to the clutch operation on mine. It's a bit odd in the way it takes up the drive, difficult to describe. Maybe it's my shoes...

Nice relaxing car to drive though.

Bryn

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I had a new car last year a Diesel Merc and collected it from the factory. I was advised by the person doing the handover not to exceed 2500RPM for the first 1000 km and that there was no problem about towing. However I did get an additional oil and filter change done after the first long trip as I regard 14000 odd miles between services as too long even with fully sythetic oil.

Dave

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi David

What was the factory collection like?
It was a brilliant experience, I don't know how much you know about it but the basic package at no cost (other than the usual delivery charge) is MB transport you business class to the appropriate city, collect you from the airport and put you up at a 4 star hotel with dinner and breakfast included and then a taxi to the works next day. The factory tour was excellent; we were taken around the S class line and took about 11/2 hours I could happily have spent all day on it. After a free lunch we collected the car, full of diesel, paperwork insurance and number plates all sorted and went across to the other side of Stuttgart to the MB Museum, which is another terrific visit. The basic package is for the tunnel crossing but we paid a little extra and used the Rotterdam Hull crossing. If you want your partner or friends to go with you it doesn't cost the earth and in addition to my wife her brother and wife also went and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to know anything else let me know

Dave

PS the E class estate is a superb towcar.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Darren

What colour is it? That's some pokey motor you have.

When we had our new Sorento the handbook specifically said do not tow until after 500 miles. At 500 miles we were told to have the wheel nuts torqued up. Maybe it was a safety thing. It didn't take long to do 500 miles.

Hope you enjoy her; or is yours a he?

Cheers

Alan
Hi, we went for twylight grey, with black leather seats. Its a nice combination for HER.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
There were 4 things I said I would never do.

1). Never buy a deisel.

2). Never buy a 4 x 4.

3). Never buy a new car.

4). Never buy a black car.

But - I've just bought a new, black, Santa Fe limited, and I have to say, it's brilliant. Can't wait to tow, but will have to rack up 1000 miles first.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
It was a brilliant experience, I don't know how much you know about it but the basic package at no cost (other than the usual delivery charge) is MB transport you business class to the appropriate city, collect you from the airport and put you up at a 4 star hotel with dinner and breakfast included and then a taxi to the works next day. The factory tour was excellent; we were taken around the S class line and took about 11/2 hours I could happily have spent all day on it. After a free lunch we collected the car, full of diesel, paperwork insurance and number plates all sorted and went across to the other side of Stuttgart to the MB Museum, which is another terrific visit. The basic package is for the tunnel crossing but we paid a little extra and used the Rotterdam Hull crossing. If you want your partner or friends to go with you it doesn't cost the earth and in addition to my wife her brother and wife also went and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to know anything else let me know

Dave

PS the E class estate is a superb towcar.
Sounds like you had a great time?

I have read about it and people have always rated it,thats what i call a proper handover,dont know on any other companies that do this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts