New 2024 Santa Fe

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Strange how the new Santa Fe has the blunt look very similar to the new Land Cruiser. Wonder if the companies are taking a pop at the new Defender? Prices of the new Santa Fe yet to be announced but it’s receiving some good reviews.

IMG_3204.png

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive
Yes it does look very square, but i quite like it, rumoured that they started the design from the tailgate first, not sure how it will tow as I understand it will only be avilable with 1.6 hybrid, no diesel, not seen any weights yet,just wonder whether Hyundai are seeking to move to chunky look to establish a point of difference with Kia, and their 'electric' shape

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Strange how the new Santa Fe has the blunt look very similar to the new Land Cruiser. Wonder if the companies are taking a pop at the new Defender? Prices of the new Santa Fe yet to be announced but it’s receiving some good reviews.
Really nice looking car and looks macho. Almost like the Defender in disguise? However if it has a very limited towing capability with a 1.6Ltr engine, they will lose a lot of customers.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
keeping my 2014 one running as long as possible. Don't like that new design
Just had to buy a few bits for my 2014 SFe, this year.
Handbrake module, £300. Tail gate switch, £12.50. and today two new Tail gate struts, £26.50
Thankfully all jobs I can do myself.
Mind you the car has done 91k miles. The first car Hyundai , Bletchly sold,

Reactions: Bluetonic
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The 2024Hyundia Santa Fe is certainly challenging opinions, but I wonder how it will turn out in reality when it's actually available. Both Hyundai and Kia have been very savvy over recent years, and have learned a lot from thier early venture's into Western car markets, and they have shown they are a force to be reckoned with.

They have moved from being follower's of trends, to become trend setters, but have they gone too far with the new Santa Fe?

The previous models have became known for being tough practical vehicles with good road manners and with decent (if not class leading)off road capabilities, and they gained a lot of support from the caravanning fraternity.

It will be a shame if the new model has lost any of these traits. There does not seem to be any real road test data to draw a fully informed opinion, but several caravanner's have already rounded on the reduction of engine size to only 1.6l petrol as being a retrograde step. But what they may not have accounted for is fact it will be a hybrid. Having an electric motor to assist the smaller displacement engine may mean it has even better power and torque delivery than the previous models to get a caravan moving. Once moving the smaller engine will have enough power to keep it moving, whilst giving you the benefit of improved fuel economy.

My comments are only conjecture, because the details and towing weights are not known. But I do hope the manufacturer hasn't forgotten the recipie that made it predecessors such a success.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The 2024Hyundia Santa Fe is certainly challenging opinions, but I wonder how it will turn out in reality when it's actually available. Both Hyundai and Kia have been very savvy over recent years, and have learned a lot from thier early venture's into Western car markets, and they have shown they are a force to be reckoned with.

They have moved from being follower's of trends, to become trend setters, but have they gone too far with the new Santa Fe?

The previous models have became known for being tough practical vehicles with good road manners and with decent (if not class leading)off road capabilities, and they gained a lot of support from the caravanning fraternity.

It will be a shame if the new model has lost any of these traits. There does not seem to be any real road test data to draw a fully informed opinion, but several caravanner's have already rounded on the reduction of engine size to only 1.6l petrol as being a retrograde step. But what they may not have accounted for is fact it will be a hybrid. Having an electric motor to assist the smaller displacement engine may mean it has even better power and torque delivery than the previous models to get a caravan moving. Once moving the smaller engine will have enough power to keep it moving, whilst giving you the benefit of improved fuel economy.

My comments are only conjecture, because the details and towing weights are not known. But I do hope the manufacturer hasn't forgotten the recipie that made it predecessors such a success.
The outgoing Santa Fe whilst a nice car and accomplished tug was more a soft roader than previous iterations. Same with the Sorento. I used to take my Gen 1 on off roading with local clubs. When we decided to change it the variant that replaced it was a nice car, but was clearly aimed at a different customer base.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It does look as though they have crossed a Jeep with a Range Rover and then squared off the result. Not convinced by the efficiency off that design but presumably they have done some wind tunnel testing.
I think we need more detail on the power output before we can comment on its ability as a tow car. They sell a lot of cars into the towing market, so presumably enough power for this was a requirement in the design.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Just had to buy a few bits for my 2014 SFe, this year.
Handbrake module, £300. Tail gate switch, £12.50. and today two new Tail gate struts, £26.50
Thankfully all jobs I can do myself.
Mind you the car has done 91k miles. The first car Hyundai , Bletchly sold,
that's pretty cheap for a years more motoring, less than a months payment on a new car

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
However if it has a very limited towing capability with a 1.6Ltr engine, they will lose a lot of customers.
However, I bet they did their research and will more than make up for it with sales to familys that want an occational 7 seater with decent fuel economy and ULEZ compliance

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Several vidoes on You Tube,include column selector, and uv sterilizer, will wait to see what UK specc looks like before deciding whether to risk changing the one we have

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
1.6t 132kw 265nm (from around 1500-2000rpm?) Combined 173kw and 350nm. Plenty of low down torque in cruising revs which is more important than out right power.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I must admit those photos make it look nice. And with maybe a new 2.2 engine it could win over people. People who were willing to wild camp might also like the totally flat rear interior with the hybrid.
What's wrong with the existing 2.2 R-type engine, itself a big improvement on the previous VM Motori-based 2.2 engine?

Hyundai also made a 3.0 S-type diesel based on the R-type but never sold in the UK.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with the existing 2.2 R-type engine, itself a big improvement on the previous VM Motori-based 2.2 engine?

Hyundai also made a 3.0 S-type diesel based on the R-type but never sold in the UK.
There’s nothing wrong with the Hyundai R type CRDI engine apart from being a diesel, and it’s plain to see that manufacturers are phasing out diesels prior to phasing out petrols in future years. Any ICE will probably be for specific markets such as US and Oz where the Santa Fe will have larger engines. The US spec fir towing is quite generous (2040kg)but you can’t always correlate US and UK specs and the US option has a 2.5 four cylinder turbo petrol mill.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfJohnL
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On one of the reviews I watched it said the new car is based on the existing car underpinnings, so if true Hyundai have evolved the existing Santa Fe, to suit changing customer demand,having seen the growth of Hyundai and Kia in the Uk over the past few years, and their movement up the price list I wonder whether a gap will exist for lower priced towcars to fill the space that Hyundai and Kia originally filled, from say MG or Dacia?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
On one of the reviews I watched it said the new car is based on the existing car underpinnings, so if true Hyundai have evolved the existing Santa Fe, to suit changing customer demand,having seen the growth of Hyundai and Kia in the Uk over the past few years, and their movement up the price list I wonder whether a gap will exist for lower priced towcars to fill the space that Hyundai and Kia originally filled, from say MG or Dacia?
Dacia seem to be filling that gap quite well

Reactions: Bluetonic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts