new avondale dart noseweight

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
hi folks,

just taken delivery of a new avondale dart 545-4 and weighing the the nose weight with my guage it is reading 80kg unloaded any suggestions to get it below 75kg safely.

The battery locker is right at the front but I have to leave this in place as I have a mover fitted. and at present I only have 1 small gas bottle in the locker situated in the side just forward of the wheels

Towing with a mondeo tdci

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Will, it is not uncommon for vans to have a high unladen noseweight these days, my own van unladen has a noseweight of 90kg. You should not find it difficult to reduce the weight down to 75kg, one or two items placed over the axle should cure your problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Will,

You are correct to try and reduce your nose weight, after all to exceed the permitted limit of either the car or the caravan is illegal.

If we assume that your gauge is accurate, then you are just 5Kg over. If you were to find some object in the front locker that weighed 5Kg and relocate it to the rear of the caravan, because of the See-saw effect you would reduce you nose weight by more than 5Kg. So you probably do have some items that could be moved, e.g. The steady handle, cocks for the steadies or wheels, the mains hook up cable. Etc.

With a relatively small difference, you might find that repacking the under bed stores may do the trick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts