new boy (dont make me laugh) vito

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all .

back in caravaning after twenty years kids grown up gone ,

replaced He He with huskies,

any way Hi to all, my last two van were compas omega 400/4 then compass pentara 590 5, both twenty years ago when my two andels were tiny, they moved out new men in there lives (peace at last) no i miss em loads both 100 and two hundred miles away , i get to c them every few months when time is good for them

any back to business buying a two bearth 92 compass 360 to use at husky rallies. using my vito 04 combi to tow it ,

any sugestions re wiring towbars for a mercedes vito , these modern cars/vans have electronic warning lights, and not sure how to go about not upsetting the fancy electronics in here, i have fitted four tow bars before on land rovers etc , but the new fangled gismooos i am wary of .

its unusual to use a van i no but my dogs live in the back when we away,

any advice would be welcome,

regards and hi , love these forums i found so much mutual help can be had and given . "people power" ye ha!!

ONE LIFE LIVE IT

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Welcome Paul (and your huskies) back to the world of caravanning.

I can't offer any help with your questio and it might be good to post a separate topic in the Technical section where lots of our more knowledgeable contributors will be able to offer advice.

In France it's not so unusual to see these vans towing - we met a Dutch couple just recently who had a Mercedes Vito - where their black labrador also slept at night - and it also just swallowed up all their equipment.

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Welcome Paul (and your huskies) back to the world of caravanning.

I can't offer any help with your questio and it might be good to post a separate topic in the Technical section where lots of our more knowledgeable contributors will be able to offer advice.

In France it's not so unusual to see these vans towing - we met a Dutch couple just recently who had a Mercedes Vito - where their black labrador also slept at night - and it also just swallowed up all their equipment.
thanks Val,

we foster huskies usually for severn weeks so need to hace a secure cage in the back of my vito, now on our fifth and decided to keep him, 14 months and wild , great fun ,

thanks i will post in the tec section,

looking forward to being back in the saddle ,

regards paul gloucester

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Paul.

It's best to use the 'Reply to Topic' tab rather than the 'Comment' which tends to hide your replies.

Good luck with your caravan and the fitting of your towbar, you might read comments about sites turning away vans towing caravans but normally if you ring the site beforehand you should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts