New car delivery periods

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are planning to go down to one car which means that we will sell the Subaru Forester and Kia Rio. At a Kia dealership yesterday I was told that the earliest delivery fir a Sorento was July 2023, but they had four EV6s for sale. At the Hyundai dealership there was an Ioniq 5 but no delivery dates for Tucson or the replacement for the Ioniq. So we will probably sell the Subaru first and “ live” with the Rio then in winter see what is on offer. We tend to buy cars in winter as the deals are better, and this year with the cost of living increases and energy prices the pressure on dealerships to make a sale could work in the buyers interest.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We are planning to go down to one car which means that we will sell the Subaru Forester and Kia Rio. At a Kia dealership yesterday I was told that the earliest delivery fir a Sorento was July 2023, but they had four EV6s for sale. At the Hyundai dealership there was an Ioniq 5 but no delivery dates for Tucson or the replacement for the Ioniq. So we will probably sell the Subaru first and “ live” with the Rio then in winter see what is on offer. We tend to buy cars in winter as the deals are better, and this year with the cost of living increases and energy prices the pressure on dealerships to make a sale could work in the buyers interest.
If climate change gives more extreme weather, you might be better keeping the Subaru over winter - however 4wd used prices do tend to go up in the Autumn.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If climate change gives more extreme weather, you might be better keeping the Subaru over winter - however 4wd used prices do tend to go up in the Autumn.
Not cheap to run, service or insure and dealers not very local. If the weather gets that bad we stay home and get a Sainsbury delivery😂

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Not cheap to run, service or insure and dealers not very local. If the weather gets that bad we stay home and get a Sainsbury delivery😂
Yes, I fully understand the economics of running a Subaru as I had an Outback for a while - mind you the lack of repair bills made up for the higher servicing costs.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Ask for a test drive in the EV 6 or Ioniq5, even if you have zero intention of getting one. Always worth going for a spin.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

If you think that is bad, when I was looking for a replacement vehicle, I had a look a the delay for new Landcruisers not that we could afford one anyway, but apparently the delays are up to 4 years due to shortage of chips and demand.

As mentioned in another thread, the idea was to buy the new Corolla Cross next year and they were supposed to be on the UK market already, but none in sight. Strangely enough they are available in South Africa and have been for some time and they are getting rave reviews.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts