New Caravan Owner - Crack in the roof

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Hi all
So i am the new owner of a caravan.

One thing i have noticed while cleaning it, is that there is a crack on the rood near the rear corner. 6" in length over the rear curve of the back of the caravan.

For the repair, i was going to use plastic aid (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plast-Plastics-Acrylic-Purpose-Repair/dp/B002W6O4VG) to help secure the plastic together an then some caravan sealant to water proof it. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08BZCXQCH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Is this the best approach?

Thanks
Nick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Without more detailed information and pictures, it's very difficult to offer any constructive advice.

However if you have only recently purchased the caravan, and assuming you bought it from a dealer, then the dealer has obligation to help you.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
HiNick, welcome to the forum, let us know make, model and year if possible, photos can be handy, if it's an older van then good repairs can be done if bougnt from a dealer the CRA 2015 can be used for the dealer to fix it.
Get back with abit more info.
I found Clear Gorrila tape greatfor temporary (two month) repairs
Hutch

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nick welcome to the forum like what someone says the make and model of the caravan and Photos would help us to answer your question

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a crack in our front panel and to repair it properly the panel needs to be replaced as that is the only way forward.
However the panel can be repaired. I have been told that the panel needs to be removed so that the crack is sealed from both sides. Staples are used to bind it together.
A temporary repair can be done as you suggest, but it is recommended that a tiny hole is drilled at the end of the crack to stop it spreading further.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree Gorilla tape or similar would work as a temporary fix and did use this once when we accidentally damaged the rear panel. I do think more details of the crack and if possible a photo would help though.

TRENDING THREADS