New Caravan

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
I have just purchased a new caravan and it wont fit down the side of my house without being vulnereable to bike scratches / dents from my 2 young daughters!

I therefore have to store it in my front garden behind hedges and trees, I also have a Bulldog Wheel clamp.

Is that enough security or do you think I should get a hitchlock and alarms etc.

Obviously more security the better but was wondering what others have?

Regards

Andy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, from what other people have found, and the general consensus of a lot of caravan owners, it does not seem to matter how much in the way of security you have, if they want it, they will have it.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
We have a twin axle van with two wheel locks on upposite axles the other two wheels and the hubs are removed and the vans rear light pods are also removed and replaced with blanking plates on securuty screws with this van is stolen signs. Wheels lights and runnung gear kept elsewhere is on prominent display. Our insureres were OK with the move and the wheels have two security nuts on each one with different keys.

They'll have to rebuild the the running gear and fit lighting to nick it.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We have a twin axle van with two wheel locks on upposite axles the other two wheels and the hubs are removed and the vans rear light pods are also removed and replaced with blanking plates on securuty screws with this van is stolen signs. Wheels lights and runnung gear kept elsewhere is on prominent display. Our insureres were OK with the move and the wheels have two security nuts on each one with different keys.

They'll have to rebuild the the running gear and fit lighting to nick it.
You can't get your 'van ready for a "quick" weekend then!! Lol

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
It takes less than an hour to get the van on the road Wendy !!

I pick the wheels up from my inlaws a mile up the road and the lights are fitted and hubs and wheels whilst Jen loads the car.

I have the van off the ground using a twin arm 5 ton commercial trolley jack, so when ready to roll we just lift and drop onto wheels close the garage and go.

Neighbours 10 doors away had a caravan stolen and the people we bought the house from had their Conway trailer tent stolen my neighbours told me after we parked the van the day after we moved in.

A thief would have to find the right hubs and stuff to tow it away and your van or someone elses with wheels on would be an easier bet. We have to have wheel clamps and tow hitch clamp as well to cover the insurance requirements.

Lol

TRENDING THREADS