New Control panel gone off cannot get it to come on (There must be a fault somewhere)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present we have these working Sockets , Microwave , Tv 2 Lights
i have checked the MCB the lever was up so it had not tripped
i have retested it to make sure .
the fridge , water tap spotlights toilet flush is a no go

is there something i am missing ?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We had a brand caravan battery as well
But could there something wrong with 12 volt system that at fault
i have sent for a mobile caravan technician to come .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Beachball, I think your van has the Nordelettronica power system and it would seem that it has done what they are known for,,,,,,malfunctioned.

I would just check to see if you do have the Nord system, and if so, give Paul or one of his team at Apuljack Engineering a call tomorrow.
Here is the info to contact them: http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/contact.html

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Beachball, I think your van has the Nordelettronica power system and it would seem that it has done what they are known for,,,,,,malfunctioned.

I would just check to see if you do have the Nord system, and if so, give Paul or one of his team at Apuljack Engineering a call tomorrow.
Here is the info to contact them: http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/contact.html
Beachball has recently had a new control panel fitted and a new leisure battery.
It could be the battery charger.
If the leisure battery is flat the control panel won't work.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes it could be just that, or the battery is fine and the relay that is supposed to switch in has failed and has isolated the battery from the van, and stopped the connection with the charger.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi
The caravan technician giving us a ring in the morning so i could pass this onto him he should be able to fixed it i hope .
i have ask him to check the battery to see if it Flat
Thanks for your help Damian & Parksy

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes we do have the Nord system . I have check the details out and if we need Paul i will ring him thanks .

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
At present we have these working Sockets , Microwave , Tv 2 Lights
i have checked the MCB the lever was up so it had not tripped
i have retested it to make sure .
the fridge , water tap spotlights toilet flush is a no go

is there something i am missing ?
Hi,
Circuit breakers only protect ac circuits not dc circuits.Check your fuses in particular the battery fuse (Usually rated at 20A and located near the battery box) dc circuits are protected by fuses might as well check them also.
To check your Nord thingy if you can put a voltmeter across the battery then switch on the nord unit - the battery voltage should go up,not a lot but it should go up

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Circuit breakers only protect ac circuits not dc circuits.Check your fuses in particular the battery fuse (Usually rated at 20A and located near the battery box) dc circuits are protected by fuses might as well check them also.
To check your Nord thingy if you can put a voltmeter across the battery then switch on the nord unit - the battery voltage should go up,not a lot but it should go up
Actually we check the battery fuse that was ok but we are home now after the quickest 14 day break only had 2 days . the caravan going in tomorrow and i leaving it with him until he check everything on the 12volt system

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts