New COVID treatment

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Possibly the cost of the treatment is the stumbling block as I believe it is about £5,000, money may come first although you will not get acknowledgement of this. It might be that the supply is limited at the moment though in which case the decision makes sense.
What really supports the vaccine programme though is the fact that 9 out of 10 people in critical care are apparently unvaccinated. They are fools to themselves is my opinion and are risking not only their own lives, but there families, friends and the rest of us.
The price for a five day course in the US for the Pfizer or Merck anti viral is between $540-625 per patient. Good value as if it cuts down on even one day in hospital it’s in profit. Saving a life is a massive bonus.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's a shame that they won't use ivomectin as there is glaring evidence that it worked in India , but that only costs pennies per dose so no money in it for big pharma
Even before I read RogerL's comment and link, I had serious doubts about reports of an anti COVID wonder drug. I am absolutely certain that if such a drug had secure evidence of its efficacy even if it were only less than 50% effective at preventing infection, it would have been quickly picked up by Western Governments.

I have seen other so called wonder drugs that emerged in poorer countries where black market suppliers flood the areas with false information and claims that when scrutinised scientifically and forensically the claims contain so much false data it often hides dangerous side effects. One of the biggest problems is the raising of false hopes, and or irrational fears.

You should also be aware there can be multiple reasons why a drug might work well in some regions but not in others, due to things like dietary or other local social habits.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In South Africa where the Omicron variant was identified apparently the infection rate is dropping rapidly and their scientists have confirmed that the Omicron variant is not as bad as the previous versions. Seems to be less deaths. The daughter in SA had the Covid and has now recovered, but still not quite herself as seem to be lingering effects 10 days later.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I recieved my Covid PCR kit today in the Royal mail, decided to put together the return package box, oh my god, you need a degree in oriental Origami, if you were feeling unwell you would just wrap it up in Sellotape, ( other brands are available) and send it off, you have to find a special mail box as well.
Stay safe folk, lets get out in our tin tents soon.

Reactions: Mel and Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I recieved my Covid PCR kit today in the Royal mail, decided to put together the return package box, oh my god, you need a degree in oriental Origami, if you were feeling unwell you would just wrap it up in Sellotape, ( other brands are available) and send it off, you have to find a special mail box as well.
Stay safe folk, lets get out in our tin tents soon.
I’m already looking to book two nights near Duxford on CCC site about £15 fir the two nights. It’s not the new Spitfire exhibition it’s the longing again for the B52 burger.

Reactions: Mel
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
AFAIK it's only those with more severe conditions who are classed as "extremely" vulnerable - my COPD is mild but I don't qualify despite having Heart Failure as well.

I was originally classed as extremely vulnerable . And I was contacted by the government both national and local. This was because my GP had mistakenly reported that I had had heart failure. Eventually I convinced them that I had not so my name has been removed. And I don’t have COPD.

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I could not get rapid tests on line but could get a pharmacist code. I called today, big notices up to say non available. But, nevertheless, I asked. A delivery had just arrived but they limited me to 1 box.

My sister in Melbourne has 9 in her family over 3 properties. As she and her husband, both mid 80’s, are the most vulnerable, they pay for the whole family. It costs her about $100 for 1 test each. We are lucky to get free tests.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts