New Forest

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Chris

I have been fairly careful - I only rest the seats against the van and the handle bars are against the front panel. Unfortunately they have to be that far back so I can lock them round the closed part of the corner steady.
That's fine - you know they are locked to the corner steady but does any potential thief. If they were to grab one or both in the middle of the night start pulling it away and then realise it's secured to the caravan are they going to put them back nice and tidy again. Personally I have stands on both bikes and if I feel it necessary to secure them lean them "inwards" against each other. It's not easy to carry off two bikes if they're locked together. Alternatively lean them against the hedge and lock them.

Anyway nice to see the photo of the New Forest - had a super time there last week at Black Knowl Brockenhurst. You did well to catch the pony looking at you. Usually when a pony sees me pointing a camera at it it turns and shows me it's backside.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
That's fine - you know they are locked to the corner steady but does any potential thief. If they were to grab one or both in the middle of the night start pulling it away and then realise it's secured to the caravan are they going to put them back nice and tidy again. Personally I have stands on both bikes and if I feel it necessary to secure them lean them "inwards" against each other. It's not easy to carry off two bikes if they're locked together. Alternatively lean them against the hedge and lock them.

Anyway nice to see the photo of the New Forest - had a super time there last week at Black Knowl Brockenhurst. You did well to catch the pony looking at you. Usually when a pony sees me pointing a camera at it it turns and shows me it's backside.
Sorry but on looking again at my comment thought posting looked a bit critical - didn't mean to be

Put it this way:-

"You scratch yours and I'll - "

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Sorry but on looking again at my comment thought posting looked a bit critical - didn't mean to be

Put it this way:-

"You scratch yours and I'll - "

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Assume you mean the Forestrey Commission site at Holmsley. The site is situated partly on what was peripheral service roads and parking bays to the old wartime Holmsley aerodrome. Haven't been there for several years but have used it in the past as an overnight when waiting to get into the CC site at Brockenhurst. It is situated quite close to the new CC site at Bransgore which was developed from a private site which was actually on the western end of the old Holmsley main runway. The original runways have now been dug up and returned to farmland. (I learned to drive my dad's car on the old runways back in the 50's when I was still only 15!)

The Holmsley site is fine with a choice of hardstandings or grass but don't expect CC standards as pitches get well used during the season and many will be bare of grass. The site is on the edge of Holmsley wood so some pitches will be sheltered. The ablutions are adequate and security is pretty good. There is a shop there also. If you are going at half-term it could be busy still.

Handy for Christchurch, Mudeford, Highcliffe and other beaches and within a few minutes walk you can soon be lost in the forest.

When approaching from the A31/M27 we come off at Picket Post a mile or so east of Ringwood and come through Burley - site is a couple of miles from Burley - this saves getting tangled up in traffic in Lyndhurst.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts