New Forest

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Mark give Black Knowl a try, once out of the site gates you can walk for miles, all on the level too. Its a C C site at Brockenhurst.
I should have added that the roads are good from where you live Mark, mostly motorway or dual carriageway most of the way. Only the last bit to Brockenhurst which is A road.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

Sandy Balls campsite is worth a look - superb facilities - does get crowded in peak season tho'.

If you like things simpler there are some excellent CL's in the area.

Have a look at www.newforest-uk.com and follow the camping bit then follow the caravan icon

Clive

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

I agree with the previous post. Sandyballs is a lovely site. Excellent facilities, with lovely woodland walks. We were there in Oct this year, and saw 2 dears, it was an experience I will never forget.

I don't recommend many sites, but this one is a definate yes.

Tracy

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark

I agree with the previous post. Sandyballs is a lovely site. Excellent facilities, with lovely woodland walks. We were there in Oct this year, and saw 2 dears, it was an experience I will never forget.

I don't recommend many sites, but this one is a definate yes.

Tracy
Nearly every site I've been to I've seen at least a couple of old dears. :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter - Know Gorse farm well - Richard and Val are good friends of ours having supplied us over the years with our horse feed and now all our pet food.

Great people! I am sure they will be delighted to hear of your recomendation.

They have planted a considerable number of shrubs etc and it will look great next summer and beyond.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Clive V

We are all so thinking of going to Walies has well nest year.

So it looks like we will pick one or the other.

I would like to come to the New Forest next year. Just got to get miss to dye side.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark, what type of site do you want, They vary from Sandy Balls / Holbourne at Bashley types which have bars and swimming pools etc to lots of CL type with everything else in between. There is a good C&CC site at Brockenhurst and one at Verwood.

There is lots to do in the areas with Bournemouth, Southampton not far and a day trip to Isle of Wight is easily done.

I live in Poole and caravan regularly in the Forest - if there is anything particular you want to know then feel free to ask.

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark, what type of site do you want, They vary from Sandy Balls / Holbourne at Bashley types which have bars and swimming pools etc to lots of CL type with everything else in between. There is a good C&CC site at Brockenhurst and one at Verwood.

There is lots to do in the areas with Bournemouth, Southampton not far and a day trip to Isle of Wight is easily done.

I live in Poole and caravan regularly in the Forest - if there is anything particular you want to know then feel free to ask.

Ray
Mark, meant to say the site at Brockenhurst is CC the one at Verwood C&CC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts