New Highway Code and Mobile Phones

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Where in the Highway Code does it say anything about the 85% guide can you provide the location of that advice. Certainly not in Section 98.
I think you misunderstood my post? At no time did I state the 85% was in the Highway code. However I did say that the 1.5m passing is a guideline like the 85% guideline and neither are law.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
RTA 1988, Highway code, Section 7.
A failure on the part of a person to observe a provision of the Highway Code shall not of itself render that person liable to criminal proceedings of any kind, but any such failure may in any proceedings (whether civil or criminal, and including proceedings for an offence under the Traffic Acts, the M10 Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 or sections 18 to 23 of the M11Transport Act 1985) be relied upon by any party to the proceedings as tending to establish or negative any liability which is in question in those proceedings.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think you misunderstood my post? At no time did I state the 85% was in the Highway code. However I did say that the 1.5m passing is a guideline like the 85% guideline and neither are law.

Buckman said:
I am glad I am very conversant with the Highway Code updates so I have been fully aware of all the changes at all times even though many are only guidelines like the 85% ratio when towing. Very sad when people are unaware of changes.

What is there to misunderstand about that statement by you?

Reactions: figbat
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RTA 1988, Highway code, Section 7.
A failure on the part of a person to observe a provision of the Highway Code shall not of itself render that person liable to criminal proceedings of any kind, but any such failure may in any proceedings (whether civil or criminal, and including proceedings for an offence under the Traffic Acts, the M10 Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981 or sections 18 to 23 of the M11Transport Act 1985) be relied upon by any party to the proceedings as tending to establish or negative any liability which is in question in those proceedings.

I think it’s easier to read and abide by the Highway Code..

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman said:
I am glad I am very conversant with the Highway Code updates so I have been fully aware of all the changes at all times even though many are only guidelines like the 85% ratio when towing. Very sad when people are unaware of changes.

What is there to misunderstand about that statement by you?
I sincerely apologise for the fact that my English is extremely poor making if difficult for you to understand that I referenced the outdated 85% guideline as an example when I could have used many others in the Highway code like the 1.5m overtaking guideline. I will enrol as soon as possible for English language lessons at our nearest college. (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Also section 29 Careless, and inconsiderate, cycling.

If a person rides a cycle on a road without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road, he is guilty of an offence.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Buckman, you seem intent on confronting fellow forum members about the highway code today.
Whenever a post appears that doesn't seem to fit in with your own stance, you accuse the writer of somehow misunderstanding your point and telling everyone that your 'English is poor' when in fact that's not the case.
For that reason, and for the earlier sarcastic response about enrolling in college I've locked this thread.
Please calm down before you launch any further discussions about cyclists, mobile phone users or any other topic that raises your hackles.

Reactions: figbat
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts