New luxurious Alaria by Lunar Caravans revealed

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So what tow car can pull it. Our Freelander couldn't. We are talking Disco 4. How much did you say it was new Sir DD ( it was in the quiz) was it £95k. Combined outfit, £127k.
Is this not starting to get just a wee bit silly.
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Where on Earth did the name come from? Looks a very nice caravan but if it has an MTPLM as high as suggested then not sure who will be able to tow it.
Looking at the photos the lounge faces the wrong way as if you put up a full size awning you will look into it and not outside.
If it is meant to be pitched for long periods why worry about auto levelling as you will not be doing this often enough to justify the price, that looks like a n attempt t to match the Buccaneer rather than anything useful.
It is very nice thoughand if I had the cash and the tow car I would certainly look at it.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The L shaped lounge is the wrong way round, meaning reduced light and view if a full awning used. Don't like the outside of these new Lunars either.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
So what tow car can pull it. Our Freelander couldn't. We are talking Disco 4. How much did you say it was new Sir DD ( it was in the quiz) was it £95k. Combined outfit, £127k.
Is this not starting to get just a wee bit silly.
Mel
Plenty of mugs out there Mel :p
I wonder what the thing will be worth in three years time?
And yes it is very silly to waste Woosie funds on such Trivia :lol:

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
[/quote]
Plenty of mugs out there Mel :p
I wonder what the thing will be worth in three years time?
And yes it is very silly to waste Woosie funds on such Trivia :lol:[/quote]

But in 3 years time, that's when the rest of us step in to get a posh van at more sensible money. :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think this will be used as seasonal pitch caravans just like a fair amount of the 8ft Buccaneers are? No need for a towcar , the dealer tows it to site and cheaper than a static.
Cost wise i think they want a slice of the high end market as £30k vans do sell really well?
I just think its funny that the car manufacturers are making their cars lighter to get emissions and mpg down yet caravans are getting heavier?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Well it would cost us £2000 more than our house in southern France, which we bought just over a year ago for £30,000 and we have a split level lounge 5 metres x 6 metres (with a L shaped seating arrangement) a 20 m square roof terrace and summer kitchen, two bedrooms, fully tiled modern bathroom with bath and shower, and a large dining kitchen with ceramic hob and modern oven and units, plus lots of traditional features - beams, terracotta tiled floors, traditional windows and shutters! I don't think we'll be trading it in against this Lunar, nor do we have to worry about replacing our tow car with something the size of a tank!

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I think that Lunar need some customer input into their design process. I also agree with another entry on this board that the lounge seating and layout means that you lose your view assuming you have one. Looks like they have added some kit that could probably be fitted by a dealer or owner for £3.5k and bumped the price up to a ridiculous amount. I would expect to see some heavy discounting after the hype is over. If this was going to sit on a seasonal pitch then at least a Buccaneer gives you more width or inside volume and neither need a self levelling system to be seasonal. That money would be better spent improving the build quality, QA checks, and responding faster to customer complaints.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nobody else has stated it so I will :evil:
The width, the weight, the towing truck requirements and the price, coupled with the large black side window and hydraulic levelling system place this caravan firmly into the category more often favoured by the travelling community. :whistle:
You'd need a small truck to pull it and the price would be out of reasonable range for ordinary everyday leisure caravanners.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Nobody else has stated it so I will :evil:
The width, the weight, the towing truck requirements and the price, coupled with the large black side window and hydraulic levelling system place this caravan firmly into the category more often favoured by the travelling community. :whistle:
You'd need a small truck to pull it and the price would be out of reasonable range for ordinary everyday leisure caravanners.

Spot on Parksy, I've got the small truck and the space to store it but if I was in the position to buy a van that expensive I'd want to really push the boat out and have a Vanmaster instead where it wouldn't be run of the mill and would be equipped as we want it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts