Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi to everyone . i have just joined the site . my name is janette . i have been caravaning for about 6 years now started off with a 1980s trailer tent then got a 2 berth monza which i and my husband john restored , " it had damp" then i got my dethleff 2 berth , we got a 2005 DL520 last june 5 berth as we needed the room for the grand children we have had dethleffs now for about 5 years in september .

my 2 berth dethleff was a 1982 nomad and was in excellent condition for its age , no faults what so ever . it had all its origanal fixtures fittings etc . even the voil curtains where the origanal ones , thats what made us go with dethleff again when we decided to upgrade .

best wishes janette

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to this forum and good luck with the new van. We have the same problem - it would appear that we have a larger family now that we have retired as the grandchildren ask in a very meek tone of voice "can we come with you?" How can you refuse when they look at you and ask in that tone of voice - butter woudn't melt in their mouths. When we say yes its a different approach - they are back to their boistrous selves. Who would have it any different?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Welcome to the site, Janette. Pleased to read about your recommendation of Dethleffs as we have just bought our first one, a 470DL (no grandchildren!) and have only managed on weekend away so far. Very pleased with it up to now, though. Have you seen the Dethleffs owners club website, just started last month? dethleffsowners.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mary-ross If you like you can borrow my two grandchildren, I don't think my daughter would actually let me sell them but if you wish to practice by all means borrow them. The only stipulation is that we keep the family allowance. They are angels - grand daughter almost 12 and grand son almost 10.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Welcome to the caravanners stress relief forum.

On the subject of grandchildren as i have said elswere If I had known how easy and what good fun they could be I would have done'grandchildren first'.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Aug 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi especially those who own a Dethleff. We have just made a huge leap from trailer tent to thinging about buying a Deffleff DL520. Just wondering if anyone has any comments/problems with these types of vans. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks for your time. Regards Don

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi my name is Jean and I also am new to this forum,can anyone tell me how to ask a question. I would like to get a gas heater for our awning,we go to cycle rallies and at night it gets cold in the awning,as there is always a gang of us including children I would like to get some sort of heating for our midnight chats.

we have a 2 berth Bessacarr and as you can see it will not accommodate fifteen people. hope someone can help

Jean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts