New to all this

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am new to caravanning! Just bought my 1st Eddis Torpedo 1995. Perfect condition and can't wait to get started. Any hints and advice with regards towing, maintaining, and what would be the top must have's to start the summer off.

Any help would be great

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
HI EIBHLIN as ray said suitable tow car,check tyre pressures on both,dont overload caravan,heavy items over the axle,dont drive fast take it easy,make sure electrics connected to car and working,these are just a few things there will more replies. JUST ENJOY your new venture all the best ALAN P/T

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Compile a list of what to take and also a checklist of what to do before you move. Its so easy to leave a window or roof light open, and not put the fridge on 12 v for towing plus umpteen other items like making sure thereis nothing in the van that can roll around or cupboard door/fridge open and the contents spill out all over the floor. On the modern vans of today there are so many things to think of. Oh yes and check tyres.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Find a nice quiet wet afternoon - probably not too diffucult in UK - and have a nice quiet browse through the various topics of this Forum. Then go elsewhere on PCV website to 'beginners'. Don't be put off by this name, we were all at this stage once and have since learned - often through bitter experience - that you are never too old to learn. Join one of the major Clubs - I'm a long time Caravan Club member so a bit biassed and read all you can get from them - in the handbooks and in the case of CC in their technical leaflet downloads. Don't be put off by it all. It's a bit like learning to ride a bike - suddenly one day it will all make sense.

Welcome to our world / hobby / obsession - you will find us a friendly lot and only too willing to share our accumulated knowledge (!).

Ask all the questions you wish but try to make them as specific as you can and try to stick to one question per posting or the replies may get a bit rambling (well, mine will, anyway)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts