New to Motorhomes and need some advice

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks,

I imagine there are scores of these requests, so apologies for adding another one.

I am dipping my feet into learning about the ins and outs of the motorhome world. The sheer amount of info is staggering, as are the makes and models to a novice. In essence I am looking for a van with either fixed single beds, or if not then a fixed double, with bench settees. I shall be in Europe most of the time as my work takes me over there, so ideally a left-hand drive, but from my research it appears that vans in euroland are more for less.

I realise I am being generic here, and you may be frowning and thinking here we go again; but if anyone kn0ws a decent range that might get me at least on a track, I'd be grateful. I have been looking at some of the Autotrail range, that look decent enough, but I have zero experience. I am sure that when it comes to buying, I will probably enlist the help of someone who knows what they're doing, but until then I just want some ideas. Budget is up to 35k or so. Thanks for any help!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the Practical Motorhome forum – and to motorcaravanning! Thank you for posting and introducing yourself. There are plenty of experienced motorcaravanners on here who are sure to be able to help.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
You only say that it has to have bench seats and or a fixed bed, and needs to be LHD, so maybe a bit too generic as that will cover quite a few models, but for LHD you need to be looking at sites over the channel really.

Fixed beds are very limiting, you cart around all that space that has only a single use.

Do you want front or rear lounge, where would you like the kitchen?

How many berths?

Give us a bit more details and more helps will be forthcoming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts