NEW TOW CAR

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Our SWB Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD broke down recently & was too costly to repair. We have now purchased a 3Litre Diesal Toyota Landcruiser. We tow an Elddis Crusader Aurora & would appreciate any info on expected performance of this match!

Cheers Jan

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Janice,

Now come on behave yourself, your just having a bit of a `pose` arent you, trying, no not trying, you are! making the rest of us jealous, you have got a car that even Mr J Clarkson

would pull a caravan with, be careful when taking the Landcruiser of the drive if you catch the wall it will pull your house down.

In answer to your question I should imagine with 3Litres of Landcruiser muscle, you really won`t know you`ve got 1600kgs of caravan on the back.

You lucky devil( or maybe you just worked hard)to be able to afford one.

I hope you have many happy times in the car, and when you get sick of it just ask anyone in Millom Cumbria where I live and I`ll be happy to take it off your hands.

good luck Tony A.

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Janice,

Now come on behave yourself, your just having a bit of a `pose` arent you, trying, no not trying, you are! making the rest of us jealous, you have got a car that even Mr J Clarkson

would pull a caravan with, be careful when taking the Landcruiser of the drive if you catch the wall it will pull your house down.

In answer to your question I should imagine with 3Litres of Landcruiser muscle, you really won`t know you`ve got 1600kgs of caravan on the back.

You lucky devil( or maybe you just worked hard)to be able to afford one.

I hope you have many happy times in the car, and when you get sick of it just ask anyone in Millom Cumbria where I live and I`ll be happy to take it off your hands.

good luck Tony A.
Nope, you've got it wrong Tony - definately not posing!!! - it's not a new car (6 years old) and the Pajero was a 1995. It had cost us a lot of money over the last year and then the engine failed - final straw!!!. Hence the Toyota & hopefully a bit more reliable. I've driven it once & was pleasantly surprised how quick it was for a big heavy vehicle and just hope it performs as well with the Tin Tent on the back ........ and if it impressed Jeremy Clarkson - it must be impressive.

Cheers

Jan

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
My missus works at a toyota dealership and she occasionally gets a guy come in to rent a landcruiser for the day. aparently it is one of the few B class vehicles out there that he can use to tow his boat about which weighs in at around 3tonnes so i'm guessing anthing you hitch up to it will barely be noticed.

My Hilux with a mere 2.5l TD engine will quite happily pull a Horse box with a couple of horses in it with only a slight amount of 'tugging'.

You should be fine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janice

We have a 5 door 55 Reg LC3 3.0 TD 5 Speed AUTO. Our Caravan is an Abbey 418 Vogue MTPLM 1486kg/29.3cwt. Towing we get 25/26mpg Solo 31mpg. This is our second Landcruiser, the earlier car was 51 Reg 4 speed Auto same 3.0 D4-D engine - mpg was approx 1mile less. Both vehicles have been faultless and OTH and I still love driving 'Elsie'.

By the way what year/model have you bought?

HTH

Mike

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies - need to give it a try now! First trip with new Tow Car next Thursday (Long Weekend in Knayton Nr Thirsk, North Yorks). Will let you know how we get on ....... well 'how he gets on - that is! I'm only the Co-Pilot.

Cheers Jan

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janice

We have a 5 door 55 Reg LC3 3.0 TD 5 Speed AUTO. Our Caravan is an Abbey 418 Vogue MTPLM 1486kg/29.3cwt. Towing we get 25/26mpg Solo 31mpg. This is our second Landcruiser, the earlier car was 51 Reg 4 speed Auto same 3.0 D4-D engine - mpg was approx 1mile less. Both vehicles have been faultless and OTH and I still love driving 'Elsie'.

By the way what year/model have you bought?

HTH

Mike
Hi Mike - It is a Landcruiser Colorado EXTD SWB 3 Door 3Litre. November 1999 (V Reg). This one is Manual - our Pajero was Automatic.

Jan

TRENDING THREADS