New X-Trail - Attn Ray and anyone else who has one!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Michael E said:
One of the motoring magazines did a 3 yr comparison ie cost, final value and running costs etc of a Nissan X trail against an Audi Q5 and i was amazed to see that the Audi over 3 years was cheaper.
Of course this was from new with 12k miles a year

Depends how much you pay, i bought mine new for £17000, i had the option of the Adventurer at £15500, but payed the extra for the Explorer upgrade. (Nissan friend and family scheme).
I don't think you will get £8000 plus of a Q5?
Besides the nose limit for the Q5 is only 80kg, so not much use really.
The Audi i had was excellent on services charges, and the Sheffield dealer was first class.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I dont think they are using the friends and family to compare prices and running cost as the benefits for working for some companies are out of this world.
For example if you work at the Jaguar/Land Rover plants you can get a new car every 12 months for £150 - £200 a month fully expenced working at Honda's Swindon plant it is even cheaper to run a car.

When my auntie worked for Ford at their Dagenham plant she used to get 25% off of cars plus even more off of parts and accessories.
I have noticed its only the 2.2 diesel X Trail that has a 100kg nose weight all the petrols have 75kg noseweights which sort of contradicts your remarks about 80kgs?
To be honest i think most people would agree that 80kgs is plenty even for a twin axle loaded well, so not an issue really?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Michael E said:
I have noticed its only the 2.2 diesel X Trail that has a 100kg nose weight all the petrols have 75kg noseweights which sort of contradicts your remarks about 80kgs?
To be honest i think most people would agree that 80kgs is plenty even for a twin axle loaded well, so not an issue really?

My 2004 brochure shows the 2.5 petrol with 100kgs nose limit, both the 2l petrol and 2.5 petrol auto are 75kg, so you was nearly right?
Also the 2009 brochure shows the same limits, with the 150ps auto diesel limited to 75kg.
smiley-frown.gif

As far as i concerned only the diesel manuels are worth having, giving 100kg nose weights, and higher tow limits.
smiley-laughing.gif

Sorry if my comments mislead you, both both x trails i have, and had, are/were manuel diesels, so considering changing to a lower limit is certainly not for me.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Which is why i dismissed the Q5.
smiley-surprised.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts