New X-Trail or New CR-V

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
I know the new x- trail has not been around to long yet, but does anyone have either of these for there tow car.Had a quick look at them both, and both look impressive, although on initial looks i prefere the X- trail, it has a huge boot. Also we already have the old x-trail 2.2dci which we like very much. Our caravans mtplm is 1400kg.

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Personally, I'd go for the Honda - mainly because it *is* a Honda.

Having said that, I've yet to see the new X-Trail, but if it's as relatively flimsy as the previous model I'd still get the Honda.

I recently had a pre-purchase look at the old X-Trail and CRV and decided that, while neither seemed particularly substantial, the Nissan was even less substantial than the Honda - the doors seemed thin enough to dent by just coughing on them,

However, before buying the Honda I had a look at the Sportage. To be honest, the KIA's looks didn't impress me much - but when I took it for a test drive I was hooked. It was quiet, very smooth (for the type of vehicle) had bags of torque and (I like this bit) the doors felt very heavy and closed with a 'thunk' that I haven't experienced since my last Volvo estate.

OK, it's steer cred is low (no, strike that, it's Zero ;) but the build quality is good, the kerbweight was the heaviest of the three, it's very comfortable to drive, and gives nearly 40mpg solo.

*Most* importantly, the dealer put it on the road (brand new XE 2.0 Crdi 138 bhp) for 14K - so I just couldn't justify to the extra

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Personally, I'd go for the Honda - mainly because it *is* a Honda.

Having said that, I've yet to see the new X-Trail, but if it's as relatively flimsy as the previous model I'd still get the Honda.

I recently had a pre-purchase look at the old X-Trail and CRV and decided that, while neither seemed particularly substantial, the Nissan was even less substantial than the Honda - the doors seemed thin enough to dent by just coughing on them,

However, before buying the Honda I had a look at the Sportage. To be honest, the KIA's looks didn't impress me much - but when I took it for a test drive I was hooked. It was quiet, very smooth (for the type of vehicle) had bags of torque and (I like this bit) the doors felt very heavy and closed with a 'thunk' that I haven't experienced since my last Volvo estate.

OK, it's steer cred is low (no, strike that, it's Zero ;) but the build quality is good, the kerbweight was the heaviest of the three, it's very comfortable to drive, and gives nearly 40mpg solo.

*Most* importantly, the dealer put it on the road (brand new XE 2.0 Crdi 138 bhp) for 14K - so I just couldn't justify to the extra

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Is your yardstick vehicle armour plated then !!

I haven't managed to dent 3 XTs in 7 years even when suffering a heavy cold !
When buying a car, I do like something that is made out of material a little more substantial than baking foil - I'm funny like that.

I also like turbo's that don't self destruct due to engine management faults - so, again, that tends to rule out Nissan for me.

I know something of Nissan's, having owned a Terrano with the 3.0 litre engine (they shoehorned the patrol lump into the later models).

By that time (03) the electrics were being sourced in Mexico - which helped explain the raft of electrical problems that plagued my car.

I went through oil pressure switches (there were two of them) at a rate of knots - the replacements usually being as faulty as the originals.

They are no longer the Nissan of old - bomb proof and reliable. Too much Frenchiness has crept in, bringing all the fun of owning a PSA car.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When buying a car, I do like something that is made out of material a little more substantial than baking foil - I'm funny like that.

I also like turbo's that don't self destruct due to engine management faults - so, again, that tends to rule out Nissan for me.

I know something of Nissan's, having owned a Terrano with the 3.0 litre engine (they shoehorned the patrol lump into the later models).

By that time (03) the electrics were being sourced in Mexico - which helped explain the raft of electrical problems that plagued my car.

I went through oil pressure switches (there were two of them) at a rate of knots - the replacements usually being as faulty as the originals.

They are no longer the Nissan of old - bomb proof and reliable. Too much Frenchiness has crept in, bringing all the fun of owning a PSA car.
Nice to have a difinitive answer from someone who knows

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts