New Year in the van?

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
During dinner last the wife says to me "Do you want to go away in the van for New Year?".

Now, wer're not great New Years party people, never been able to understand what all the fuss is about. So, we just stay at home watching the telly, hoping theres more to watch than just the usual end of year shows.

So going away in the van for New Year seems to be a good idea, except it wil be wet, cold, maybe snow - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rather stay at home.

Contrary to my opening comment, I would only consider this if there was something special taking place at what ever site we went to, to celebrate the New Year - yes thats right, I used the word celebrate.

Does anyone have any experience of going away in their van for the New Year, can it be fun?

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Like you I'm not a great christmas / new year person. But a couple of years ago we went away on boxing day through to new year and the site was full. A lot of people return to the same site to meet up year after year. Nothing special going on but the biggest advantage besides not getting on with the jobs at home was:-

" MY MOTHER IN LAW DIDN'T DECEND ON US FOR TWO WEEKS "

Don't tell the missus..

Regards Brian......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts