Newbie from Shropshire

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

My name is Pete, and I live near Shrewsbury in Shropshire.

Married to Susan.

I own a Lunar (Leaky) Clubman 460 EK that I bought in 1991, and she is still finding life a drag but is going well.

I call her leaky for good reason. About four years after owning her, I noticed a bit of damp inside - this led me to the awning rail and the rubber strip (water trap) on the awning rail, which, when removed displayed a pretty row of rusted headed screws, where water had capillaryed past the screw and into the wood frame.

NICE !!!

That meant all rails off - rebed and renew all screws with stainless steel ones - and then fill the groove with silicone rubber. Total of three months do do a good job.

Not a leaky Lunar anymore. I really hope that Lunar have improved, but mud sticks. I will not buy another Lunar.

I am shortly replacing with Dethless or Coachman hopfully, but I will miss Leaky. We have, and still are having adventures together.

Regards,

Pete

Regards

Pete

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Pete

We once owned a Lunar Clubman 475 CK which also lived up to the nickname of 'Leaky Lunar'.

We liked the layout with an end washroom but when the wall separated from the floor it had to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts