Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Louise

Welcome to the world of caravanning. I'm sure that you will receive some recommendations but first of all what sort of site are you looking for?

There are very quiet sites with only 5 caravans on them and on one or two of them you need to use your own shower/ toilet facilities and at the other end of the spectrum there are larger full facility sites with heated shower blocks, shops and bars.

Do you have children with you who need to be kept occupied or pets?

Poston Mill caravan park near to Hereford is a very well kept site and I'd recommend it but the pitches there attract premium prices.

http://www.bestparks.co.uk/PostonMill/PostonMill.htm

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Louise,

The Caravan Club site at Pandy, just outside Abergavenny is a good site. Usual Caravan Club facilities and a good country pub outside the site entrance.

The site is about 100 yards from the main road and easy to get to.

Hamer

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
hi louise there are lots of sites around these area,s . pencelli castle near breacon ,brynich also nr breacon,lakeside or lynfi by langorse lake , lucksall mordiford nr hereford, postin mill also riverside talgarth , depends what you want from the site as there are lots of nice sites in those beutifull areas you mention (ps sorry about the spelling)

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help. We are not taking the kiddies with us the first time, we are just going to go for one night and see how it goes... I am expecting a few fireworks so thought best keep little ones out of the way!! ;-)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
For a one night maiden voyage and shakedown trip I'd suggest a fairly short tow to stay within say 30 miles of your home. If anything goes drastically wrong (I'm sure that it wont) you won't be far away.

There are scores of inexpensive 'quiet' sites with electric hook up (ehu) so that you can try everything out without spending a fortune or being 'on show'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts