newbies saying ' Hello '

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Just bought an ancient but well cared for Dethleffs Camper 4 berth touring caravan.

We will be towing with our 2008 2.2 Mondeo Diesel. We have a three year old son and we hope to have some good family weekends away and maybe some longer breaks as well.

Any tips for beginners will be most appreciated especially any experiences with older Dethleffs vans which seem quite uncommon in the UK.

Best Regards and Happy caravanning

Jo and Gary

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to caravanning and the forum. I'm sure your little lad will love it. Our grandson who is almost three always wants to go in our van. There are loads of technical tips that others will give you but my best advice is don't rush at it. Hitching and setting up will get easier but at first take your time. Also if you are on a site and don't know something, wander over to anyone nearby and ask; most caravanners are not only happy to help, most are desperate to be asked!

have fun

mel

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Jo and Gary

I allso tow with a mondeo 2.2 sport and it tows great you wont be dissapointed, you can check your outfit match here http://www.whattowcar.com/type.php?merk=Ford&serie=Mondeo&carkeuze=Dethleffs if possible i would try and hook everything up at home before you go to check alls working fine, apart from that just ask any questions you need and the knowledgeable folks on here will sort you out.

Rab

May 8, 2010
Visit site
hi thanks for the comments

we have booked BH weekend in Slingsby, going with experienced caravanner so should be OK.

taking two miniature dachshunds with us, of similar vintage to the caravan!

getting a pitch for the BH was a nightmare, will know to book earlier next time.

been out buying melamine pots, folding chairs and other paraphernalia, can't wait really excited about going, more excited than about going to Rome for my honeymoon how sad is that?

Best Regards

Joann

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Joann, welcome to the forum.

I hope that you enjoy your maiden voyage and your friends will help to make sure that all goes well.

The home page of this website contains lots of good information for you to browse, there are a few tips for beginners Here

I'm sure that you will enjoy many happy breaks in your caravan, don't forget to let us know how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts