Newbies

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Newbies - welcome to you all.

There appears to be more and more people on here taking the plunge and trying out this pastime. Very few actually say what has prompted them to give it a go.

No doubt the reasons are many and diverse, I`m just interested in what the factors behind the decisions, it may give a further indication as to how caravanning is perceived by non-converts.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
I'm a newbie, took delivery of my first van (a new Coachman Amara 5 berth)in February 2007. Our first outing is next Friday actually to a site only 30 minutes drive away; don't want to go too far for tbe first outing.

Reasons for taking up this touring lark:

1. I turned 40 in December!

2. My wife thought it would be a good idea (paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey 'alf a mo now good boy - there is NOTHING wrong with us who go under the name of COLIN in one form or another. Serious now welcome to the world of caravanning - the reasons you have stated for buying a van are very sound especially the shopping/diy/etc. I am sure the children will enjoy themselves. Our children came with us up to the age of approx16/17. They then wanted to do their own thing but now they are both mature and one with her own family, they are now thinking again of the joys of caravanning. Therefore should they come of an age where they wont want to come with you, be patient they will come around to caravanning again when they have their families. Probably like our children and ask to borrow our van and car to tow it instead of buying their own.

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
You omitted to mentioned Reason 7 Timothy...

7) It qualifies you to participate in this Forum, which makes you laugh, cry, rage, insult...and, best of all, learn...

Pay particular attention to the posts of a Colin - it's generally accepted that they talk the most sense....!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

7) It qualifies you to participate in this Forum, which makes you laugh, cry, rage, insult...and, best of all, learn...

Pay particular attention to the posts of a Colin - it's generally accepted that they talk the most sense....!!!
Here! Here! well spoken my friend.

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site

Good on yer mate, I'm coming up for my second anniversary of caravaning, its great.

I must log on more often.

Colin (Orpington Kent)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts