Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,
New here and to caravaning in general. We are picking up a 2022 Swift Kudos 630FB in a week or so and desperately trying to get everything we need.
Will probably be on for lots of advice.

Reactions: gnomee
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Looks a great van and dealer specials usually have several upgrades included. Did you get a starter pack? Otherwise start with essentials like water carriers and gradually add what you need as I expect many of us carry ‘must have’ things that remain unused!

Reactions: northwestnewbies
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. There is very little that someone on here has not met before so any questions should be answered.
As Beachball says many dealers do a cheap starter pack so it is worth checking. Others give you a decent discount on gear so worth checking.
The absolute essentials are a water carrier, a waste container and connections and gas with a gas spanner. You will also need a wheel clamp and probably a hitch lock to comply with your insurance. before you buy though do check if they specify what they require, as some locks may not match their requirements.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome all.
Main decision at the moment is which Leisure battery. We will probably only use the van with a electric hook up but do have X4 motor mover so am I right in thinking a Grade B with 110ah would be ok? If soz any recommendations?

Have been given an empty 6kg propane bottle by a friend but seems like the gas bottle to exchange is still hard to get hold of. Any North West know if somewhere decent to grab one?
Sure I will have lots more questions but thanks again for the welcome!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome all.
Main decision at the moment is which Leisure battery. We will probably only use the van with a electric hook up but do have X4 motor mover so am I right in thinking a Grade B with 110ah would be ok? If soz any recommendations?

Have been given an empty 6kg propane bottle by a friend but seems like the gas bottle to exchange is still hard to get hold of. Any North West know if somewhere decent to grab one?
Sure I will have lots more questions but thanks again for the welcome!
Welcome to the Forum.

Grade B 110 ah will be fine. There have been good reports on Halfords own label batteries by YUASA, bit for branded batteries any major branded one will do the job. I’ve had Yuasa, Banner and Exide. Several brands are actually owned by the big US company Johnson, but Exide is the main competitor. Your choice will also be between lead acid or AGM. I have always used lead acid, but AGM does have some advantages but will be more expensive.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum.

Grade B 110 ah will be fine. There have been good reports on Halfords own label batteries by YUASA, bit for branded batteries any major branded one will do the job. I’ve had Yuasa, Banner and Exide. Several brands are actually owned by the big US company Johnson, but Exide is the main competitor. Your choice will also be between lead acid or AGM. I have always used lead acid, but AGM does have some advantages but will be more expensive.
Johnson Controls sold their battery businesses to Brookfield Business Partners, a Canadian private equity company, in 2019.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How remiss of me, as in my post #11 of 2 Nov 22 I did say that Johnsons sold their automotive battery business in Summer 2022, but in fact that was Johnson Matthey Thank you for you timely correction; always welcomed.

It must be an age thing. But It matters not one jot to the OP who now owns that plethora of well known brands.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Before you drive off from the dealership check the noseweight is okay. Often unladen caravans can be light or heavy on the nose. So I used to take some compact heavy stuff that I could place in the caravan depending how the noseweight came out. Sometimes the toilet cassette and/or flush tank would be filled to counter a noseweight that was too heavy. Other options being toolbag, 10 litre water containers, awning poles and awning etc.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi Tobes, I hope we are not confusing NWN , between Calor lites and Gas Lights.
Calor lites, are being discontinued but can be swopped for a 6kg Propane, which I think are about £30 as opp to a GasLight at £33.50 plus a £4.75 Volatility Charge. . I will stay with Calor for my usage of 2 X 6 kg per year.
Hello, I am Sunny Roy. As a new member of this community, I am delighted to make your acquaintance because this place has a wealth of information that can be of service to others.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am Sunny Roy. As a new member of this community, I am delighted to make your acquaintance because this place has a wealth of information that can be of service to others.
Hi SunnyRoy welcome to the forum any questions you will receive a answer they are a great bunch on here enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts