newhaven port

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know the layout of newhan port?

We are thinking of booking the newhaven - portsmounth crossing, but we would be arriving in newhaven at midnight, don't really fancy driving back without a break for a few hours.

Can we find a spot at the port or a services not to far away for a kip?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why do you want to take a ferry from Newhaven to Portsmouth? There is a perfectly good A road between these 2 UK ports!! Sorry can't help with lay up facilities at Newhaven.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
We last used Newhaven about 5 years ago, we are now too long to go on their ferries, but it has dedicated spaces for vans to stay in overnight for those waiting to go or coming back at the times you describe. We stayed in them several times very satisfactorly. These are facilities in the terminal which was open all night.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Oooooops, silly me got tongue tied.

were looking at newhaven to le harve and le harve to newhaven return.

probs is we would arrive in le harve at 1700 and coming back arrive at newhaven at midnight.....

Any ideas?

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
GeorgeB,

Transmanche have just been "taken over" by LD Lines and theyve started a Newhaven-Le Havre service, cant remember the timings but theyre on the web site.

Smiley, give Transmanche at Newhaven a ring, but as you come through the customs sheds, in front of you is the terminal building, go past the end look to your right and the HGV park is there, cant see a problem with you pulling in there for a couple of hours for a kipette, though it could be noisy if the artics have fridges running.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Neil,

I stand (or rather sit) corrected, have'nt used Newhaven for 3 years but silly me, I looked on the web site for Newhaven before posting the reply & only Transmarche was listed!!!!!

GeorgeB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts