Nice little earner....

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm wondering whether its acceptable to charge a 5p levy per newspaper from the Reception shop at Caravan Club sites?

I've just come home from a site where newspapers are available on-site from the Reception during the week. These are piled up on the side awaiting purchase and not specifically ordered by campers and paid for on arrival as on some sites. Normal prices are charged Mon-Fri.

At weekends a 5p levy per newspaper is charged as I'm told the wardens "have to go and collect them" rather than them being delivered to site. Given there were about 120 pitches on site the wardens are on to a nice little earner aren't they?

I have been to a private site where a levy is charged for the privilege of having newspapers on site and donated to charity. There was no mention of this and the cynic in me wonders whether it is to boost the wardens coffers. Anyone else experienced this?

G

So everyone of the 120 pitches has a paper erh? hardly a nice little earner 5p a paper

G

I new you'd be along again Val, so say they sell 100 papers on Sat and Sunday, thats a fiver or twenty quid a month.....hardly a killing.

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
5p has always felt like a win:win to me. much less than my cost of fuel going to get the paper, but enough to cover the site manager costs if he's getting 50 or so.

G

Thats easy...stop somewhere else like I do in high season, CC CL? drop dead gorgous CC site studing scenery last week eight quid a night with elec

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Is it me? on a good day it might well just pass as a "very little earner" Anyone who things its a good earner clearly cannot do the maths or cannot afford to stay on a C/C site anyway.. Take your pick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts