Nissan X Trail Aventura 2007

May 29, 2006
Visit site
I am selling my Range Rover Sport and Indiana caravan and down sizing to a 2 berth caravan. I like the look of the X trail and wondered what anybody thought of it. Appreciate your opinions. Regards Mandy

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mandy

I do not know about the Xtrail 2007 model but I have got the 55 plate Xtrail SVE & i have today had the turbo blow for the secound time in a year.

Mick k

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
hi mandy

I have a 53 plate x trail 2.5 sve (petrol sorrry diesel heads). I have been pulling my 2 berth abbey expression around for the past year. 5 outings in all cornwall wales and the west. no problems so far. (and its an auto). A little bit juicy perhaps but it has to double as my everyday car as well as a towwer. motorway towing to cornwall down the a30 it does about 200 miles to a 50 litre tankfull.

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
ive had my 2006 x trail 2.2 aventura for 18 months now cant fault it it pulls our abbey aventura 320 as if its not there there has been a turbo fault with some models but that can happen with any car change your oil regular turbos normaly blow if oil is not getting to it or if you dont let the engine tick over for a few minutes befour you turn it off

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
mandy

I have had a 2004 sve 2.2 diesel, my son now runs it, not had any problems with the turbo, intercooler was changed under warranty in the first year, its a very good car.

We run the new model now a 2009 2l 171 bhp version, adventurer explorer, again a very good car, just got back after a 4 hour trip solo, got over 40mpg motorway driving at speeds up to 90mph. My wife loves it, as she did the previous car, also a very good tow car, again as was the previous model, i have had the interior mirror vibration, plus 2 recalls, and thats it. Go for a model with satnav, this gives you the rear view camera.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mandy,

We've just got back from a caravan rally this weekend. We have a '56 plate 2.2dci Columbia. I've heard and read numerous problems about older ones having issues with the turbos but understand Nissan had this sorted by '06 and, touch wood, we've had no problems. Over half term, we took the 'van down to South Devon which gave it a nice long run. Towing we get about 30mpg (we do a lot of rallies so they tend to be short journeys) whilst solo we get mpg in the mid 40's. The car is very stable to tow with and it pulls our Lunar 546 very well indeed.

Happy caravanning,

Gareth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mandy.

I am on my second X-trail and love them for towing.

I had a 2005 2.2 diesel Sport for a few years and it towed our Pageant Bordeaux lovely. Towing, it did anything around 28mpg and had plenty of go in it. Alone, I was regularly getting 40mpg.

In Dec 2009 We changed it for a new 2l diesel.. called the Tekna. We opted for the 172 bhp engine as opposed to the 146bhp. The pulling power is great though not fantastically more noticeable than our old one. Towing, it does 27-28mpg and alone, it does 37.5 around my local area and 39-40 on motorway (I don't stick to 56mph.

Problems... on the 2005 one, I had the common fault with the turbo intercooler leaking and that was changed under warranty. I had the kangaroo fuel in France on one occasion and had to have an unplanned fuel and air filter change which solved that. I am pedantic about servicing the car every year, but seems my local Nissan garage, the professionals, forgot to change the fuel filter. They refused to reimburse me for the French bill, but hey, they gave me a free fuel filter in the next service.

The 2009 X-trail - have towed it to France and back three times already, the last trip being a 1500 mile towing round trip and suffered no issues. Next trip -30th June to the Vosges, France.

Comfort level in either is excellent and the boxes, storage compartments and general storage space is great whichever model you may go for.

The only real issues I have had owning an X-trail relates to the competence of the Nissan service team. Nice guys and qualified fitters... but NOT mechanics!!

PS. Just changed the front tyres due to under inflation causing wear.. Nissan recommends 33psi in front... actual pressure was spot on, but excessive wear caused 15k change (tracking checked OK)Tyres -

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Arrow

interesting comments about tyre pressures, i put 35psi in my 2009 xtrai in the front and rear, only this week i have changed tyres from front to the rears, tyre wear looks even, with just a slight featheringon on the outer edges.

I use 35 front and 38 rear when towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

have the 2l aventura 173 bhp 08,tows the van better than the 3l teranno i had.excellent mpg all round,really good towing/leisure car.i also changed the front tyres due to under inflation,33 psi is definately not recommended in front,i was told by a tyre fitter to put 37 all round and tyres have been great since.when towing i bump front to 38 rear 40 and it tows really well.will definately buy another.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Nissan have posted a sticker onto the door post showing the tyre pressures, 33psi is definatly the pressure for "normal" driving for the front tyres, this is reflected in the manuel.

I doubt nissan have made a mistake? And would take with a pinch of salt advice from a tyre fitter, having in the past had conflicing advise when i had the audi, again the fitter saying audi were wrong?

By the way the xtrail is 171 bhp, or 173 hp/ps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nissan have posted a sticker onto the door post showing the tyre pressures, 33psi is definatly the pressure for "normal" driving for the front tyres, this is reflected in the manuel.

I doubt nissan have made a mistake? And would take with a pinch of salt advice from a tyre fitter, having in the past had conflicing advise when i had the audi, again the fitter saying audi were wrong?

By the way the xtrail is 171 bhp, or 173 hp/ps.
Arrow

interesting comments about tyre pressures, i put 35psi in my 2009 xtrai in the front and rear, only this week i have changed tyres from front to the rears, tyre wear looks even, with just a slight featheringon on the outer edges.

I use 35 front and 38 rear when towing

lol what a reply....another jobsworth

in one breath you say you put 35 psi in front and rear....next you say tyre fitters(30 years experience fitting tyres) and nissan have not made a mistake.....on door...33 front 30 rear

4 or more passengers 41 front 38 rear

yet you disregard the advice of nissan who you dobt are wrong and stick 35 psi in both....wheres it say that on the door..... pmsl

and by the way.....ray.....

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Sorry i missed this reply hidden under the comment.

Yes it is a contradiction, i'm not sure how that makes me a job worth? nor am i sure what one is.

While nissan are correct, i prefer more pressure than recommended, primarily because i believe higher pressures rather than lower are safer, and the harder ride suits my driving style.

Having had the car 18 months or so, by experimenting with different pressures, i have found the balance i prefer, that suits me for solo and towing.

TRENDING THREADS