Nissan X-Trail

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Having grown thoroughly fed up with our unreliable 2005 Astra 1.9 CDTi 150 SRi Estate we have put a deposit on a 2006 Nissan X-Trail 2.2 dci Adventura.

We have lost a lot of money on the Astra but have lost all faith in it (and the supplying dealer).

So any downsides of the X-Trail we should know about?

We will be towing our 2007 Bailey Ranger 460/4 weighing in at 1179Kg, so we are not expecting problems there.

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Don't bother replying folks.

The dealer has made a fundamental error with the order. I cannot face dealing with another dealer who doesn't know his whatsit from his thingmy, so we have decided to walk away. Will stick with the Astra for a bit yet, keep your fingers crossed it doesn't implode again this season!

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
David, the sad thing is the Astra is an excellent towcar, just the dealer and some build issues with the car that has let it down otherwise we would be quite happy.

Keith, wasn't aware that there was a new on in the wings. Dealer never mentioned it!!

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
>Keith, wasn't aware that there was a new on in the wings. Dealer never mentioned it!!⇦br/>

As Stuart says, they won't - due to having (large?) stocks of the current model to shift prior to the new one arriving in the showrooms. If you want to see the details of the 'Mk2', have a look at:-

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feature/motor show/7738/1
Apart from a more bulbous rear end, it is difficult to see the differences, but as the Nissan big-cheese said in an interview, the current model has been so successful they did not want to alienate a large customer base. Probably what really drove the design was the need to rationalise components (i.e. the Qashqai floor pan and the Renault engines (Renault own a large chunk of Nissan)). Renault will also be releasing their own SUV using the same underpinnings and engines but with different bodyshell.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No wonder I just got my Xtrail cheap...I also did not know the new one was coming out and the dealer kept that hush!

Still we are really pleased with our purchase and looking forward to first tow at Easter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Today a letter from Nissan asking for Vin No before issuing Columbia jacket

I had the jacket 12 months ago which is why they think that the jacket was issued before

I haven't asked for another one but pointed out that it would be good PR to issue one every 12 months

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forget your 4x4s Georgey boy is apparantly going to hit them for road fund tax if you listen to the doom and gloom merchants. As someone said some while ago - get yourself a V6 diesel Reliant Robin and two fingers to Mr. Brown and his taxes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We just bought a 2003 Nissan X Trail 2.2 di 5 door, just wonder do you use the 6th gear when towing on the motor way or just keep it in 5th gear as normal like other cars?, Thanks Trevor

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Now that we have reasonable number of miles on the clock, I find that my 2.2dCi will hold 60mph on cruise control quite happily on a motorway, even on mild inclines (pulling a Bailey Senator Oklahoma, 199kg MTPLW).

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Now that we have reasonable number of miles on the clock, I find that my 2.2dCi will hold 60mph on cruise control quite happily on a motorway, even on mild inclines (pulling a Bailey Senator Oklahoma, 199kg MTPLW).
Of course, I meant 1499kg! (is there no way of editing a post?)

G

With regard to the X Trail, does anyone have any comments on the auto versions?

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Trevor,

I don't know how tall 6th is on the xtrail but our S-max does 67mph@2000rpm in 6th and uses 7% MORE fuel in 6th rather than 5th (solo) at 55 and 80 mph, we have stopped using 6th, even solo

G

I raised the question because although I loked with interest at the X Trail, I must have an auto vehicle. I agree that up to now the auto versions have been the detuned petrol engines and therefore have none of the advantages of the TDI engine. I was just curious if anyone had actually used an auto for towing and how they got on.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Trevor i tow my Sterling Sheraton(europa)with my x trail the same year and engine to yours,I tow in 6th gear at 2000revs at 60mph,with no prob's even on most hills,and with no fuel consumption problems,

Andrew.

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
We just bought a 2003 Nissan X Trail 2.2 di 5 door, just wonder do you use the 6th gear when towing on the motor way or just keep it in 5th gear as normal like other cars?, Thanks Trevor
Yes..use 6th gear all the time towing when the roads will take it with the van on the back..Had the x trail 2.2 tdi three years now..wonderful to tow with..it returns just over 31 mpg with the van on the back..measured brimming tank to brimming tank over distances of 300 miles or more on mixed roads ..Our caravan is a Swift approx 22 cwt laden..the only fault ive had with the car so far in 33000 miles is a faulty indicator flasher unit..replaced under warranty...enjoy your car and your caravanning...... William

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Keith - proactive dealer (Hartwell, Chester) rang Hubby yesterday, offering 4 Grand off current pre-reg 07 plate X-Trail Colombia 136 bhp dci. Told him we were interested in new diesel model (170 bhp). If you don't need the extra power, may be worth a punt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts