Nissan X Trail

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am surprised that no one has mention the Nissan X Trail. It is a superb towing vehicle averaging 40mpg solo and 33mpg towing. I tow a Swift Challenger 470 which is not a heavyweight I agree, but the vehicle hardly knows the unit is there. Be cautious on motorways however, with acceleration in 6th gear still available 70 mph is easily exceeded. I can't comment on the new 2 wheel drive version.

May 24, 2005
Visit site
The X has been mentioned quite a lot prior to going "live"

I am on my second and very pleased with the product
Lucky to have an X-Trail that works our 04 is never out of garage , timing chain broke last week. Now waiting of a new engine, We have only done 12000 mile.

Jun 29, 2005
Visit site
I have an X-Trail and I am delighted with it. I bought it new about 6 months ago, and it is the 2.2 dCi Sport. However, I have not been able to achieve your fuel consumption figures. I am normally able to get very close to manufacturers' figures with any car I buy, but I have not been able to better 36mpg solo with the X-Trail. I'm also confused about how frequently I should rotate the tyres. Two different parts of the handbook advise 3,000 and 6,000 mile intervals, whilst the local Nissan dealership says they only need rotating when the car has its regular service!

Aug 21, 2005
Visit site
whats that,people getting irrate on the subject of 4x4s,I had'nt noticed that!
mmmmmmmm.... the anti 4x4 brigade will still moan about the 2wd x trails as they are supposed to be big, uneconomical, polute more and worse for pedestrians in a crash. But, smaller in size than an average estate car, better fuel consumption than a New BMW Mini, less pollutants than the likes of BMW's, mercs, etc and has a NCAP 2 star rating for pedestrian safety that most fords cant even give!!

Rant over

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts