Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I regularly book our holidays for 2 or 3 caravans as we are 3 sisters travelling with out families. As noted in another thread, we don't like the thought of the children having to weave their ways through lots of other caravans to get to their cousins so always ask for pitches close to each other if possible. Most caravan sites say that they can't guarantee this but we have always been accommated as requested. I understand why some caravan sites might not take group bookings but we shouldn't all be classed the same. When we are away, we always respect our neighbours and treat them as we would like to be treated. I recently enquired about booking for the 3 caravans but was told that they didn't take group bookings. I explained that we were a family but this made no difference. I asked if we could book individually but still had the same response. The outcome was that they lost 3 bookings and another caravan site gained them. How do other people feel about this. Helen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen - I think you are slightly missing the point. I can only speak about CC and they state quite clearly that they will guarantee you a pitch when you book but will not allow you to select which pitch untill you arrive on the day. if your group arrive and there is three vacant pitches together then you will be able to take those pitches. this rule has been in force for more years than I can remember and most members respect and uphold the principle. I would advise you as the leader or spokesman of the group to write to the CC club to see if they will change this ruling, and I am sure you will receive a fair hearing of you problems.

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought that what Helen was saying was that she understood sites not being able to guarentee that they would be sited together. The point was, i thought, that the site would not allow them to book as a group irrespective of where they were sited.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most, if not all, commercial sites will not take what they term same sex group bookings, as many have had lots of trouble with that sector of clients.

What is not fair about this blanket refusal, is as in Helens case, 3 separate people, although of the same family,and with children , wanting pitches adjacent, and being treated as if they are one of the troublesome groups.

Its a double edged problem, the site dont want to take the chance of the group causing trouble, and this leading to other people telling their friends and contacts to avoid the site in question, therefore losing them their income, and the balance of offending a perfectly respectable group of people who just like to meet up and caravan in a small group.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
you probably read my thread is there a way round it and as i said it gets me mad we are families and we dont want our kids runnig around the site to their cousins van im with you on this one helan i dont see why they can take a group if it not all same sex

TRENDING THREADS