No water running in caravan!

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I do apologise if this has already been covered, just new to this page.

I have a Swift rapide 440gxl 1994. Been out 3 trips so far no issues until last weekend. No water would come through the pump. Fuses checked, 12v inside socket and outer socket for submersible pump. Ordered a new pump but no luck. Small dribbles of water then nothing. We did run a little low on last trip i think.

I have no books for the caravan as it is older and cannot locate a pressure switch, water heater working fine just not getting water pumped around.

Any advice would be appreciated

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Someone will come along with a more technical and helpful answer. But the simple things to check
- is there an air lock. A bit of dunking up and down and jer jer jiggling of the pump in the aqua roll may help
- if the pump is running but no water coming through the taps, check that the gauze inserts in the end of the tap are not are furred up with lime scale. Ours were. Result, no water flow.
Good luck
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the pump is not running it could be the pressure switch. It is normally a small round knob on top of a small valve near the water inlet, and can be turned to adjust, but it can be elsewhere, as on one caravan it was in the bottom of the wardrobe where the pipes split for the hot and cold supply.
If this is not it, it would sound like a fault in the wiring or the plug fitting at the caravan so I would check all of these.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Once the quick and obvious things have been tried, time to get your multi meter on it (you do have one don't you!). Check the output terminals first for volts. If present then the pump is U/S. Otherwise work back to switches, pressure switches etc till you locate the culprit.

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
Eventually got it working, used new pump, sucked the water through the hose to prime the pump, shook it and slowly turned taps then it kicked in. Thanks for the advice guys, I was adamant to try fix myself to avoid the £50-60 an hour charges lol

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
mikey182 said:
Eventually got it working, used new pump, sucked the water through the hose to prime the pump, shook it and slowly turned taps then it kicked in. Thanks for the advice guys, I was adamant to try fix myself to avoid the £50-60 an hour charges lol

Good man Mikey, alway great to get a feed back about a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts