Non flushing C402C cassette toilet (Thetford)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The C402C Thetford cassette is 3.5 years old and whilst we had a problem with black bits last year, I got rid of them with a weak bleach solution and no longer use a pink flush liquid. However on our last trip, last week, there was no flush and the 3amp blade fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and the reed switch is drawing power but no water flush and no pump sound (there is a tank full of water!). I am happy to remove the pump and clean and check if only I could find and access it. Any ideas? I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your very prompt reply Graham. I have seen these info sheets from Thetford but they do not include repairs to the newer model with the blue electric push button flush. I am reluctant to force a cover off and was hoping someone had replaced/serviced such a pump before.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Update on previous posting. Bit the bullet and prised up the reed switch/lever cover and managed to extract the pump. Soaked it in a mild bleach solution and turned the spindle and all is now working well. Hands a bit sore (tight space) but much easier than I first thought.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well done Chris. We love to hear about motorhomers triumphing over adversity like this - Man v. Machine!
Oh and I only just realised I hadn't upgraded you yet - I have now, no more copying squiggly letters. Happy New Year!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well done from me too, Chris
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts