Northern Ireland caravaners

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, thought i would start a new post the other one was geting very slow to come up. We are just back from geat weekend at Six Mile Water Antrim, and i am very pleased to tell you all that the new barriers have been put in and we enjoyed i very peaceful time. Looking forward to Ballymoney next week just hope this weather gets better.

Many regards Keith & Jenny.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi jenny

nice to hear you had a good time in antrim and your coming to my wee town next week, we will try to pop down and see you during the week. Let me know what outfit you have(not the one you will be wearing) lol.

I wonder how many posts we can get this time!

regards stevie and gail

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi, We have just returned from a wet but very enjoyable weekend at Tollymore. As we are relative newcomers this has been quite a good learning experience. Can anyone reccomend any other sites?

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi dot

welcome to the Norn Iron thread. Good to see you enjoyed Tullymore.

Heres my list of sites that we have been to and i'm sure the other will post their recommendations.

Forest sites:...Drum Manor-Cookstown

Castlewellan

Gosford-Markethill

Co.Antrim Ballyness-Bushmills

Bush cp-Bushmills

Drumaheglis-Ballymoney

Co.Armagh Clare glen-Tandragee

Co. Down Cranfield-Kilkeel

Co.Fermanagh Loaneden-Kesh

Co.Londonderry Benone tourist complex-Benone

Juniper hill-Portstewart

Co. Tyrone Round lake-Fivemiletown

Hope this helps if you want any info on them plz post me

regards stevie and gail

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

Are there any of the more commercial sites over in Ireland. We use these sites as there is entertainment for our children. The mimimum we look for is a decent indoor pool to keep them happy on rainy days.

Thanks Will

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello all, Will i'm not to sure of any sites that have swimming pools on them but there is usually a liesure centre close by, like the one we were at in Antrim the Forum was close by and the kids could go swimming there. If anyone else can answer Will i would be interested also to know of any site here with that kind of onsite facilities.

Hi Stephen & Gail, we would love to meet you so if you have time please do pop by, we will be there from 14th July, we have a Sterling Eccles Trekker and tow with black Frontera. You will not miss us we'll be the caravan with all the kids there is 3 families of us going.

Many Regards Keith & jenny

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

Will their is only one commercial site that i know of with a swimming pool and thats in ballycastle. We went once and that was enough, but as Jenny said you can usually find a leisure centre.

Hi jenny we look forward to meeting you and your crew,cant wait to see the size of this van if you can get 3 families into it..lol.

Hope the weather picks up for you and don't forget the Jonjoe sat nav to get you here.

http://www.myspace.com/keithlawsketches
regards stevie and gail aka wee man and the big girl

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Have to agree with stephen about Ballycastle, we went few years ago before we got our tourer, we stayed in one of the appartments they have, we where booked in for a week after 3 days we had enough the drinking and noise that went on everynight scared the kids, that was about 5 years ago so maybe it has changed but dont think we'll chance it anyway.

Keith & Jenny

Jun 16, 2007
Visit site
Hello stephen i see you are well traveled on ireland,i have never been and am keen to go.I have looked on the net and have found plenty of sites we like,but i've checked prices on the crossing and find it's not cheep to get accross there.who do you use to cross with? thanks darren.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi darren

welcome on board,i live in Ballymoney in N.Ireland so most of these sites aren't to far away.I have also been to some sites in s. ireland, Donegal,Sligo,Leitrim, Wicklow and Kilkenny.

I agree with you on the boat prices,last year we went to Scotland and Stena was shipping the van free, this year they where charging 50%.

If you live in England you would be better coming through Dublin or Rosslare and then drive north.Also save Tesco vouchers for the sailing as they are worth 4 times there value.

If you need anymore info give me a shout.

regards stevie

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, the site in Newcastle has lots on it to keep kids entertained and its not that far to walk into Newcastle town itself. Not sure if the swimming pool is opened again, we have friends with a static there and they said the pool had to be closed and they didn't know if it would be opened for this season. The pitches are very tight together we took drive round one day to check it out and decided not to book there our caravan is twin axle and there was no way we could have got it and an awning on to those pitches.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi dot

welcome to the Norn Iron thread. Good to see you enjoyed Tullymore.

Heres my list of sites that we have been to and i'm sure the other will post their recommendations.

Forest sites:...Drum Manor-Cookstown

Castlewellan

Gosford-Markethill

Co.Antrim Ballyness-Bushmills

Bush cp-Bushmills

Drumaheglis-Ballymoney

Co.Armagh Clare glen-Tandragee

Co. Down Cranfield-Kilkeel

Co.Fermanagh Loaneden-Kesh

Co.Londonderry Benone tourist complex-Benone

Juniper hill-Portstewart

Co. Tyrone Round lake-Fivemiletown

Hope this helps if you want any info on them plz post me

regards stevie and gail
Thanks for the info. It really helps if a place is reccomemded.

We are hoping to go to Fermanagh for a week and then try to spend one night near to the Omagh Folk prk on the way home. Any suggestions?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your advice. I have booked a week in Drumhoney in Fermanagh and 2 nights in the Sperrins Cottages one at the end of August. This will only be our second time out, so I hope the weather improves. Any ideas of where to try for Halloween?

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi dot,

Good to see you got sorted out for August. Drumhoney looks nice,just go easy on the road in, its a bit narrow in parts. Let us know about Sperrin.Our next outing is the end of July to Mullynascarthy in Lisnaskea,heres hoping the weather will pick up again.

As for halloween most sites will be closing after that weekend so you will need to get booking. What about some of the forest parks.

Enjoy your next outing.

regards stevie and gail

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi all we live in Derry and found sites in Donegal handier to get to and the petrol is cheaper which helps when towing a van.We have stayed at Downings,Knockalla,Ballyshannon and Bundoran but this one only has seasonal pitches now.

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello mw fellow northern irelanders! Haven't been on here in ages as we've been across the water in a couple of little countries called wales and england. Dont know if you've heard of them!! Just back from two rather wet but enjoyable weeks in Prestatyn, Wales and Cheshire, England. Stayed at Haven in north wales which was ok. Plenty to keep the little one entertained, but site quality maybe not brilliant. By contrast our week in cheshire was at a privately owned rural park which was picture postcard perfect!

Glad to see more local folk coming out of the woodwork. I knew it couldnt just be me, jenny and stevie who caravan in NI!! Emmy

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emmy, We just back from week in Ballymoney, had a lovely peaceful week, met some new caravaners, Hubby and i really enjoyed the peace and beauty of the site but the friends we had with us thought they would have preferred a site with more on it, they thinking of somewhere like Haven for next year we are not to sure we love forest walks, fishing, boating and just getting together for BBQs not sure if the big commercial sites would be a peaceful or safe for littles to run freely around, your comments on your holiday there would be much appreciated.

Many regards Jenny & Keith

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi jenny. We've stayed at Haven sites for two years now and I have to say they are obviously not everyone's cup of tea. Yes they are loud, yes they are busy, and yes you do get all walks of life there!! However, we tend to find that the touring parks on each haven site are generally more quiet and removed from the madness of the main site. For example the one we're just home from in Wales was a massive park with well over 3000 static vans for hire and if you imagine an average family of four or five shoved into each of those, that's a lot of people! However the touring section of the park only held 30 vans max, and in fact there was only about 12 when we were there. It was situated right at the opposite end of the park from the entertainments which suited us fine, as we didnt have the noise of drunkards staggering back from their bingo, karaoke, or talent nights!! We ventured down into the main park on one night for the 'entertainment' but it's not really our idea of fun! Too much burberry and gold hoop earrings for my liking (hope i'm not offending anyone on this forum!!). On a positive note though, the park could not be faulted for having plenty to keep the kids entertained through the day. Swimming pool, soft play jungle, outdoor play parks, amusements etc All included in price of holiday which for us was only something like

TRENDING THREADS