northumberland

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
any quiet sites....good location..as in near a river or woodland ..places of interest;;weve never been and i wouldnt know where to start as a good area...we love the lakes and scotland..also cornwall..thankyou...thankyou

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
E

Northumberland is our favorite part of the country, we always stay at the Caravan Clubs River Breamish site, a stones throw from the village of Powburn.

Great site, all usual CC facilities and near the river, the Cheviot hills, 20 minute from the coast and wonderful places like Holy Island, Bamburgh, its castle and fantastic beach, Sea Houses and it boat trips to the Farn Islands, Walk along to coast from Craster (Good for Kippers) to Dunstanburgh. Alnwick is your local big town, good shops another castle (Harry Potters) and the biggest used book shop it the country situated in the old railway station called Barter Books. Stay inland for Hexam, Hadrians Wall.....I could go on all night.

Just behind the petrol station at Powburn next to the bar (I know its sound dodgy) there is a fab butchers and all walkable from the site.

The one thing you must promise though, is not to tell anyone how good it is, if you do everyone will want to go and it will get all touristy.

Enjoy it, we will certainly be back there next year, and every year after that

F and his long suffering wife

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Edwina,

Another Club site :-

Nunnykirk,just south of Rothbury.This is a site with no facilities apart from electrics,BUT is so peaceful---surrounded by woodland.Plenty of places to walk if you wish.Cragside ( National Trust ) is outside Rothbury and is a must to visit.I think the house is shut at present for refurbishment but maybe the grounds are still open .....dozens of walks to do.

Alnwick is a lovely little market town, and Alnwick Garden is also well worth a visit.

Once you have been to the area it draws you back again and again.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Another site worthy of consideration, if you like a quiet time. Try South Meadows (5 miles inland from Bamborough!) and just a mile off the A1, although this is not troublesome. You can look at the site on web: www.southnmeadows.co.uk should get you there. If not try typing South Meadows into Google. Great area for touring, with beaches nearby.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's a really good CL just across the Border at the kelso leisure centre which has pool and gym etc. Don't have my CC book just to hand, but look in the Scottish section under Borders and kelso.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts