Nose wight

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Can someone advise me on the relevence of this. The nose weight for my car towbar is 75 kg. what does that mean and how do I have to load the caravan up accordingly to achieve this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Morganic,

The nose weight for your car is the maximum permitted downward force the caravan hitch exerts on the cars towball when the car and caravan is stationary and on a level surface.

You must also check the caravan specification, which will have a nose load figure that can be different to the cars. You MUST not exceed the lower of the figures.

You can adjust the nose load by moving the position of objects inside the caravan. Object near the front of the caravan will produce a higher nose load, whilst moving them towards the rear of the caravan will reduce the nose load.

Aim to use the whole of the nose load allowance, as this aids stability whilst towing, but remember not to exceed the lower figure of the caravans or the cars allowance.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Hello Morganic,

The nose weight for your car is the maximum permitted downward force the caravan hitch exerts on the cars towball when the car and caravan is stationary and on a level surface.

You must also check the caravan specification, which will have a nose load figure that can be different to the cars. You MUST not exceed the lower of the figures.

You can adjust the nose load by moving the position of objects inside the caravan. Object near the front of the caravan will produce a higher nose load, whilst moving them towards the rear of the caravan will reduce the nose load.

Aim to use the whole of the nose load allowance, as this aids stability whilst towing, but remember not to exceed the lower figure of the caravans or the cars allowance.
Many thanks for the advice-it now all comes clear. I was beginning to think that this caravaning was becoming to technical

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts