Noseweight End Kitchen Van

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Loading the caravan yesterday to check the noseweight for the first time with only a full gas bottle, chocks and levelling blocks in front locker and everything else positioned over the axle i.e. awning, folding table, chairs, food, wastmaster and clothes the scales read 48kg. I then moved the wastemaster to the front locker and all the other stuff right to the front of the van. The noseweight then read 70kg which is just under the recommended noseweight for my car. Does anybody now if it is the norm for everything to be right at the front of the van for an end kitchen model. I have been told most of the weight for end kitchen models is at the back when unladen.

Any info much Appreciated.

Campermark

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Mark

rest assured, it's normal.

We had a end kitchen, 2 berth (our berths are not the "born" types),Avondale.

It weighed with gas bottle and spare wheel on board, a nose weight of 35kg.

If you stepped inside with the rear legs up, the van would drop down to the floor on the back end!!

On the Avondale, the wheel was indoard accessed behind the axle, the gas bottle's were just in front, as i recall.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
A well-designed caravan will have the appropriate noseweight when the payload is stowed in designed compartments - eg, bedding under beds, clothes in wardrobe, food in fridge, gas in gas locker, battery in battery box - this can lead to some unexpected ex-works noseweights.

In theory, at least, the designer of an end kitchen caravan should have taken the considerable weight in the kitchen into account when positioning the axle.

If your noseweight is correct, for the car and caravan, when laden normally - be grateful - there are plenty of badly designed caravans where the noseweight is way out, despite loading "normally".

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all you're comments.

Makes me feel a lot better now as I'm towing the van next weekend for the first time and I wanted to make sure everything is right

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello mark,

Your experience is not normally reported on this forum. we usually read about caravans where the nose weight is excessive.

enjoy.

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Our current 2008 Bailey Pageant Majestic has an end kitchen. We travel with little in the end kitchen, mover in front of the wheels, battery just in front of the wheels, empty water heater and loo, and one gas bottle and sundry items in front locker. It comes out with a noseweight of bang on 75Kg. In fact it is heavier on the nose than our previous fixed bed Bailey ... though both are considerably lighter on the nose than the end washroom Bailey before that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts