Notifications on unsubscribed threads

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When I open my e mail box I seem to be getting a mass of notifications on threads I have not subscribed to, and even some on threads that have started after I last logged out, which I could not possibly have subscribed to. They seem to be mainly on the Towcar section and I wonder if there is a problem there.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
When I open my e mail box I seem to be getting a mass of notifications on threads I have not subscribed to, and even some on threads that have started after I last logged out, which I could not possibly have subscribed to. They seem to be mainly on the Towcar section and I wonder if there is a problem there.

There may well be a problem Ray, but unfortunately our technical guru Lizzie Pope has moved on to pastures new, Haymarket have sold Practical Caravan including this forum and website and there is no one in place to address any technical problems as far as I'm aware.
Moderators have no access to the forum software so we are unable to help, sorry.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Raywood said:

There may well be a problem Ray, but unfortunately our technical guru Lizzie Pope has moved on to pastures new, Haymarket have sold Practical Caravan including this forum and website and there is no one in place to address any technical problems as far as I'm aware.
Moderators have no access to the forum software so we are unable to help, sorry.
Edit..
p.s. I noticed when I posted this reply that I'd been subscribed to this topic although I hadn't ticked the 'subscribe' box.
It might be worth routinely clicking the 'Unsubscribe' tab when you post to see if it helps

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Future PLC are apparently a digital and print licencing company amongst other things but I wouldn't imagine that we'd make much of an impact with them Dodger.
Mind you, we never made much of an impact with Haymarket either :whistle:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Now that Future PLC has taken on Practical Caravan, is this forum hanging on a shaky nail?

If there has been a reassuring comment from Future PLC on their plans for this forum then I must have missed it.

Happy to be corrected.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
Now that Future PLC has taken on Practical Caravan, is this forum hanging on a shaky nail?

If there has been a reassuring comment from Future PLC on their plans for this forum then I must have missed it.

Happy to be corrected.

Practical Caravan editor Niall Hampton reassured readers that brand values will remain the same in the July edition of Practical Caravan magazine.
Presumably this website will remain the same, after all there's no reason to change it.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the subscribe button on the heading and yes it does seem to have changed my setting. If it happens again I will check that point.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Raywood, check on "Your Profile" and ensure that the My subscritions are all closed. I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. All sorted now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts