Nottingham

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
looking for reasonable sites local , new to caravanning so need to try close to home first, camped most places but new to towing ......any ideas for a weekend initialy

G

Might help if you put what kind of sites you want? chill out or things for kids etc

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Terrence,

The Camping and Caravan club have a good site at Teversal. It is a franchised site, excellent owners/wardens.

The new Caravan Club site at Belper is good.

Hamer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terrence

We can vouch for Teversall C&CC site non members are welcome we spent 6 nights there in June and it was great very peacefull with a terrific walk just across the road, shop on site sells basics,

The wardens Chris and Jane actually own the site and it is spotless,

go for it if you can http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=2616

copy and paste this link it will also let you see other sites in Nottingham

Rick

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Terrence

The Caravan Club site at Elvaston Castle is not far from you, on the Nottingham side of Derby, about 1 mile from the A52.

The surroundings are very pleasant being within the castle grounds but haven't actually stayed there myself - we only live two miles away !

Regards

John M

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Another one to try is the new Camping and Caravaning Club site at Conkers, the National Forest Visitors Centre (ideal if you have a young family). We went there for our first trip in July just after they opened with full toilet and shower facilities

Mike

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Another one to try is the new Camping and Caravaning Club site at Conkers, the National Forest Visitors Centre (ideal if you have a young family). We went there for our first trip in July just after they opened with full toilet and shower facilities

Mike
thanks for these ideas, yes correct we should let you know what we are looking for ( duh ) we are a couple only late 40s / early 50s not saying which one is which lol, just peace quiet and a local pub i guess, no stress but relaxation a must and if possible great on site services, good rates & pleasant people, regards Terry & Maureen

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Terrence I have stayed many times at a place called Lickpenny at Tansley near Matlock and I cant praise the site enough,

We always ask for an elevated pitch so that when you lok out the van window you overlook the Amber Valley

Sir Roger

G

Try Shelford Nurseries Caravan Park round the corner from Lowdams caravans, total chill out, local pub if you want it, walks by the river....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts