Novice in need of advice - hello fellow caravaners...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi
well my name is Kim and i am new to caravaning - well we did do it way back with Mum and Dad - but that was a while ago. So now I am the proud owner of a 1992 Abi Jubilee Envoy and she is rather nice. however I did a silly thing and turned too tight and have broken the nearside front side window..... been looking at the new version and its soo expensive. Anyone know of any breakers?

Appriciate your help. I have boarded it up to secure and keep dry but it looks a bit sorry for its self and I am off to Yarmouth for bank holiday weekend......
Kim

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kim, welcome to the Practical Caravan Forum.
Bad luck about the caravan window but these things happen
smiley-cry.gif
The thing to bear in mind about caravan windows is that a window may fit several different caravans or models of caravan and many used spares suppliers use size, shape and colour when you order used windows.
Click Here for Premier Towing Centre, a caravan repairers and reakers just up the road from where I live.
They sell used parts on mail order but you will need to measure the window before ordering. I bought a second and large side wndow a few years ago for £80 from Premier, the new window would have been over £200.
I've moved your introduction and query to the General message board where it will be seen and replied to by more form members
Good Luck with the trip to Yarmouth

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kim
We got a VERY large new single front window made at EECO in Shelf, Halifax, (http://www.eeco-ltd.co.uk/) for a very reasonable price. You can measure up and get an on-line quote, and the finished window is indistinguishable from the old one. They match up the colour and the size, you can take out the old window and courier it to them, and then they make up a new one to the same mould. They return it to you and you refit it - not a difficult job, OH and I did our approximately 6 feet by 36 inches window ourselves. I know ours was about the maximum size they make, and we were worried that it wouldn't be OK but it's absolutely fine.
We're lucky that we live near the workshop so we took ours out of the van, and over to the workshop. A few days later the replacement was ready and we picked it up.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hello Kim and welcome to the forum.........
I would also recomend EECO as Val has said.
They are the experts and can save a lot of hassle hunting around for a replacement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts