Now for the big adventure

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
In 2008 we bought an Avondale Dart 525 and have been slowly trying out the art of caravanning. Next Tuesday we embark on a 6 week adventure to Spain and France via Brittany Ferries Portsmouth/Santander and (hopefully) return via Caen mid July. We have tried out Corwall, Wales, Debyshire, Devon in between with lots of fun and some trials. We have bought two unsuitable awnings (making a profit on one), lost keys, and become lost, had rows and lots of laughs and endless pleasure -

thanks mainly to advice from this website and help from inumerable caravanners along the way. The caravan Company (Wimborne) and their caravan shop (just today exchanging the wrong lock I bought for a more expensive one at no cost to me)have been great (no question too stupid).

Have my new Netbook (so I can ask questions along the way), my sat Tv system which I can set up thanks to advice on this website, breakdown insurance(from this website) and tons of othet stuff ( ditto this website).

Thanks for all your help adn no doubt will have lots of stories to tell when we get back.

btw I swapped the Zafira for a Mondeo ( also thanks to this website)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
6 weeks of adventure. Fantastic. Do use your gadgetry to let know how you are doing. personally, I'd like to know how the crossing to Satander goes. Have almost tried it for the past 2 years then changed my mind.

all the best

mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Graham

It's good to know that this site in spite of it's old fashioned quirkiness still provides good solid information and advice.

Have a great time in Spain and France.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts