Number Plate Problem

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone have any ideas on how I fix the number plate to the caravan so that it can be easily removed, and replaced with another one.

I use 2 different vehicles to tow with, and I'm getting sick of unscrewing and screwing number plates, into the back of the caravan.

Any suggestions?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi sonic

my van has two strips of velcro,when I bought it dealer just ripped old plate off and stuck my new one on,its never come off yet ! should do the trick!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I borrow my brother in laws trailer I use 2 heavy duty rubber bands to wrap round each end on both number plates to attach mine to the one on the trailer.

Matthew

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone, nice to see some helpful answers.

Can those of you that use the velcro solution just clarify for me how you attach it the caravan, I presume you are sticking it, but surely the sticky wears off?

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Use adhesive velcro strips. You can buy it at any diy shop and cut it to length. It will certainly be strong enough to hold a rear plate on and the adhesive will stay on even in the wet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not familiar with the UK requirement to have the same plate No on the trailer. Do you remove the rear plate off your car or are you issued with an unlimited supply of plates with your No on them?

All vehicles/trailers have independent dedicated No plates in NZ.

It doesn't stop the thievery though!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John

Here in the U/K trailers,'vans etc have to be numbered as per the towing vehicle. Number plates can be bought at car accessory shops and it is only fairly recently that you had to provide some proof of ownership of the towing vehicle. Years ago, before this requirement, I had a plate made up to leave at the storage pitch when we were away in our 'van taking proof of ownership with me - the guy making the plate for me seemed quite bewildered by that. It had not occurred to him that someone might have false plates made to put on a stolen vehicle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts