October half term in France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at going to France at half term sailing from Portsmouth/Poole/Plymouth. Has anyone good recommendations for area and campsites which are open at this time. We would not really want to drive much more than 250 miles from the French Port

Any info would be appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Give us a clue where you want to go please.

France is a big country - they keep telling us on the TV that its as big as Iraq! Well; usually its the other way round.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Give us a clue where you want to go please.

France is a big country - they keep telling us on the TV that its as big as Iraq! Well; usually its the other way round.
I was deliberatley a bit vague to see if anyone would come up with some fresh ideas. We go to France every year but normally travel to Vendee, Dordogne or SW France.

What we are really looking for is some good sites which are open for half term that are in interesting areas not too far from the channel ports (Cherbourg - St Malo - Rosscoff) Happy to travel 100 to 200 miles from ports.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look at the Camping Cheque (campingcheque.co.uk) website. They have a map of sites - you can click on a site in the area you want to go to and find it's opening dates and what facilities are on offer - then you can buy Camping Cheques and the site will only cost you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look at the Camping Cheque (campingcheque.co.uk) website. They have a map of sites - you can click on a site in the area you want to go to and find it's opening dates and what facilities are on offer - then you can buy Camping Cheques and the site will only cost you

Aug 30, 2005
Visit site
James,

You could always try the Bel Air campsite on the outskirts Landudec in South West Birttany, approx 3hrs drive from St Malo and 10 mins to the sea.

Nice friendly site with a small shop, outdoor pool (although might be a bit cold by then) and right at the bottom of the site (away from the pitches)is a small clubhouse with pool tables etc, a children's play area with water shoots and a nice size lake.

Vicky

Aug 5, 2005
Visit site
James,

You could always try the Bel Air campsite on the outskirts Landudec in South West Birttany, approx 3hrs drive from St Malo and 10 mins to the sea.

Nice friendly site with a small shop, outdoor pool (although might be a bit cold by then) and right at the bottom of the site (away from the pitches)is a small clubhouse with pool tables etc, a children's play area with water shoots and a nice size lake.

Vicky
I too have been to Landudec, butin a mobile home, facilities were great and the fun park at the bottom was excellent for my 3(15,13 and 6) don't know how warm the pools will be though!We went whit week and the following week, and it was fantastic then! http://www.belaircamping.com

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val I must admit I have never bothered to look at the Camping Cheque scheme despite travelling abroad with the van for many years. Have had a look at the web-site and found it really useful. Quite a good forum section with good info on sites etc.

Thanks
We have just returned from France, using Camping Cheques for the first time. They are absolutely brilliant. The sites we stayed on cost about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts