Off again

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As we have a young puppy with us who is not fully house trained we need to be wary where we go. Nice pub on the river.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Out and about today and added some more snaps, just got back to the site almost empty ( one caravan and one tent left apart from us).

Weather has behaved itself today too.

Steve

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Last day today, just got back to the Silver Fox cafe in Newnham for a spot of lunch ( great cafe).
Went to Ross on Wye today and the weather was inclement as it has been throughout our stay though that hasn’t stopped us exploring.
A few more photos have been added to the gallery.
The site is great with one caveat which is that when it’s busy the toilet block is full as there are only two toilets and showers for the gents( plus urinals) and ladies ditto minus urinals , along with one disabled toilet.
I would come back, it’s been a very enjoyable break.
Steve

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Back home now, arrived to find the downstairs toilet leaking….. welcome home Steve….
Never fear, Captain Chaos is here…..
For anyone else living in West Oxon, I apologise in advance for the flooding 🤣🤣🤣

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
As I said,
Got back to discover that the downstairs toilet was leaking in 2 places
The overflow pipe where it’s connected to the cistern, and also the flange at the back of the toilet itself.
Called a plumber out through our contract with British Gas and it’s sorted.
He has done away with the need for an external overflow pipe by fitting a new type of syphon system that incorporates an overflow pipe which feeds the water back into the toilet- how neat is that!!
So now I need to either block the overflow pipe to stop insects etc getting in or remove it and block the hole.
Localised flooding averted!
Plus, and more to the point….. happy wife👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As I said,
The overflow pipe where it’s connected to the cistern, and also the flange at the back of the toilet itself.
He has done away with the need for an external overflow pipe by fitting a new type of syphon system that incorporates an overflow pipe which feeds the water back into the toilet- how neat is that!!
So now I need to either block the overflow pipe to stop insects etc getting in or remove it and block the hole.
Wasps love to nest in overflow pipes so bear that in mind. Don't ask how we know! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
As I said,
Pleased your toilet sorted and just the over flow pipe to do and your job is a done (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts