Off again

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Off today to the Severn Valley Touring site in Awre in Gloucestershire, about 90 mins away.

We’re there for six nights and as is my want there’s bound to be some photos so watch this space.

I will add a link to the gallery and start populating it once we get set up.

Steve

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I presume the cider farm a short walk away will still provide liquid with a ploughman’s lunch on the Saturday - much to be recommended as well as this excellent small site with lovely owners. A glimpse of our van might still be on the website gallery!

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I presume the cider farm a short walk away will still provide liquid with a ploughman’s lunch on the Saturday - much to be recommended as well as this excellent small site with lovely owners. A glimpse of our van might still be on the website gallery!
Unfortunately I discovered in my misspent youth that cider and all other alcohol has a strange effect on both my legs as well as my wallet so I rarely partake these days🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Buckman
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Arrived at 2 pm.
Had to tuck my elbows and everything else in after meeting a large tractor and trailer coming the other way on the brow of a hill on the small lane that leads to the site but we got by ok.
What a lovely site this is, pitches are very big, it’s immaculate and the toilet block is pristine.

The hose connected to the water supply split a few mins after turning the supply on but I cut it back and reconnected it and all is fine now.

Have added just a few snaps of the caravan and car on the pitch and there will be more to come over the next six days - click the link to view them…

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Awre.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Arrived at 2 pm.
Had to tuck my elbows and everything else in after meeting a large tractor and trailer coming the other way on the brow of a hill on the small lane that leads to the site but we got by ok.
What a lovely site this is, pitches are very big, it’s immaculate and the toilet block is pristine.

The hose connected to the water supply split a few mins after turning the supply on but I cut it back and reconnected it and all is fine now.

Have added just a few snaps of the caravan and car on the pitch and there will be more to come over the next six days - click the link to view them…

Always thought AWRE was where nuclear weapons were made 😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Arrived at 2 pm.

The pictures are fantastic including a nice outfit enjoy your break

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
The pictures are fantastic including a nice outfit enjoy your break
Thanks,

This is one of the best sites I’ve been on and will definitely be coming back.

The caravan suits us just fine, it came with a solar panel and motor movers already fitted.
We love it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks,

This is one of the best sites I’ve been on and will definitely be coming back.

The caravan suits us just fine, it came with a solar panel and motor movers already fitted.
We love it.
We can wave to one another as you are almost opposite to where we are camped. :LOL:

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Just added a few photos including a couple of a furry friend….. get ready for a typical Steve joke…
Look at the photo then… I feel a Paul Simon song coming on…., You can call me Al🤣🤣🤣

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Get yer trunks on then🤣🤣🤣
We just got back from a little trip out to Symonds Yat East and went for a little cruise along the river…. Just uploaded a few photos

The word picturesque was introduced into the English language by this gentleman whilst travelling along the river Wye….

en.m.wikipedia.org

William Gilpin (priest) - Wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org
en.m.wikipedia.org

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Get yer trunks on then🤣🤣🤣
We just got back from a little trip out to Symonds Yat East and went for a little cruise along the river…. Just uploaded a few photos

The word picturesque was introduced into the English language by this gentleman whilst travelling along the river Wye….

en.m.wikipedia.org

William Gilpin (priest) - Wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org
en.m.wikipedia.org
Nice photos, lucky with the weather too. Brings back memories as we used to stay at Bracelands. Had my 70th dinner with the extended family at Ye Old Ferrie Inn. Lovely area. Have you done the three castles drive yet?

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Nice photos, lucky with the weather too. Brings back memories as we used to stay at Bracelands. Had my 70th dinner with the extended family at Ye Old Ferrie Inn. Lovely area. Have you done the three castles drive yet?
Last time we came this way we stayed nr Hereford and visited quite a few castles around here… will try and find the photos 👍

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Been out and about again today, dodging the showers, visiting Lydney Harbour before nipping into Chepstow for a looksee - we have been here before so didn’t bother going in the castle again.
Managed to take a few more photos and a video (at Lydney Harbour which showed the weather coming in) which have been added to the gallery.
Now sat outside the caravan and just heard thunder.

Having a quiet day tomorrow and only planning to go out for lunch at the White Hart at Newnham.

Steve

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Been out and about again today, dodging the showers, visiting Lydney Harbour before nipping into Chepstow for a looksee - we have been here before so didn’t bother going in the castle again.
Managed to take a few more photos and a video (at Lydney Harbour which showed the weather coming in) which have been added to the gallery.
Now sat outside the caravan and just heard thunder.

Having a quiet day tomorrow and only planning to go out for lunch at the White Hart at Newnham.

Steve
Weather yesterday was not so good with some really heavy showers however we managed to have BBQ last night when the sun was shining.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts