Oh dear

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There is a lot to be said for a decent set of four season tyres. Since using Michilan Cross Climates and once Goodyear 4 seasons, I have found the grip vastly superior on snow and wet roads, even on my 2wd cars. Of course I always drive to conditions . The fact is, the majority of tyres fitted to cars are summer tyres. Perfectly legal and safe enough for driving in winter / wet weather if people are driving sensibly, however four season tyres provide extra reassurance in adverse conditions.
I had Cross Climate Michelins fitted onto my previous two Jeeps and agree with you. Unfortunately I could not source 20" for my current Jeep so stuck with the original Continental brand.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My first Sorento was brilliant in snow mud etc. I fitted BF Goodrich All Terrains. Downside was they were noisy on normal roads. They did look good with the white sidewall writing👍👍

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My first Sorento was brilliant in snow mud etc. I fitted BF Goodrich All Terrains. Downside was they were noisy on normal roads. They did look good with the white sidewall writing👍👍
I had the Goodrich All Terrains on my 1995 Toyota HiLux Surf. Brilliant road holding. Never noticed the noise as the car was noisy anyway. :LOL:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had OEM Kuhmo on my Sorento which were M&S rated and when they were worn I put Yokohama AT on. Strangely I’ve only ever been “ stuck” on a site three times and each time it was a CL/CS and with different 4WD cars, one with AT tyres too. Thank heavens for motor movers. 😂

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
it the first Tiguan this came with Hankooks Ventus S1 evo K117A at present on 18,000 miles .just recently went down an interesting track in the Lake district which suited the off road mode and appropriate to the terraine

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I've had Goodyear 4 season before, they were pretty decent too.
I've got Vredestein Quatrac Pro which are All-Seasons and marked with 3PMSF and M+S - they performed very well in the recent weather despite being nearly ready to be replaced.

My son has Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons on his Octavia - hasn't hit anything so must be very good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts