Okay who's waiting for delivery of a new van and if so what ...

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
As the weather warms up and the roads start to fill with traffic slowing caravans.......doesn't that give you a warm inner feeling. Many forum readers will, as we are, be waiting for delivery of a new van.

What have you ordered?

When is it due and is it on time?

and are you sleeping at night?

Me and the long suffering have been pushed to a new van eariler than planned due to a dose of damp in the old one.

A Swift Challenger 540 due to be picked up 10.30 am Saturday 17th June..........can't wait!!!!!!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Will make a decsion in the next 10 days, front runners Bessacarr Cameo, almost neck & neck with the Senator Louisiana. Fast coming up on the rails ( as I get cold feet about the size of the front runners ) the Senator Indiana. But wait found a Crusader Dealer albeit 60 miles away. I do like the look of the Crusader vans. Still if I can sort the caravan in 10 days that will be lighting speed against the time it took to sort a Tow Car.

Val & Frank

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Choosing between a Bessacarr and a Bailey is like choosing between going to watch Man Utd or Accringhton Stanley. Feel the quality in a Beessacrr and you will know what I mean.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi. Choosing between a Bessacarr and a Bailey is like choosing between going to watch Man Utd or Accringhton Stanley. Feel the quality in a Beessacrr and you will know what I mean.
Being born and bred in Accrington and a Stanley supporter in the 50s/60s. I see what you mean with quality. I always work on the basis " price is an indication of quality" so the Bessacarr wins hands down on that. Tomorrow I will look at Crusaders because they do look good, so a decsion is close. Tow car is ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee so I can now look at most vans using the 85% guidelines.

regards

Vakl & Frank

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have just posted a new topic concerning a wait for a new van.

It's a Caravelair Antares 486 Luxe and it was ordered at the NEC in February. Still waiting.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We waiting to take delivery of our new caravan. It will have its own bar with drinks cabinet and a jacuzzi. Just got to win that damn lottery!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't get me started, we ordered a Fleetwood Heritage 640ES in November for March delivery. It is having an altered rear end, but its still not here. We ordered through MM caravans in Hampshire, but unfortunately Michael has lost his site, so the deal is now through Droylsden Caravans in Manchester, I live on the Sussex coast! I have been told that they (Fleetwood) will be knocking a considerable sum off for the delay, but noone will tell me how much. As a gesture of goodwill we let them take away the Expression we traded in a few weeks ago, but no news yet of when the new one will arrive.

This one will have to be a keeper as the alterations were quite expensive, with no discount on the van which are no being sold for a couple of grand less than we paid....its a nightmare. I nearly cancelled it several times, but I couldn't find an alternative. We really wanted the alde heating, which limited us to Bessacar (don't do the 5/6 berth layout and a bit dark inside) or Vanmaster - there rep at Earls Court spent the first 5 minutes trying to sell me a Lunar because he didn't think I could afford one and then the next 15 minutes that he could put a bath in the van if I wanted?? With sales skills like that I'm surprised he is still in business.

Sorry to go off on one but you did ask!

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Don't get me started, we ordered a Fleetwood Heritage 640ES in November for March delivery. It is having an altered rear end, but its still not here. We ordered through MM caravans in Hampshire, but unfortunately Michael has lost his site, so the deal is now through Droylsden Caravans in Manchester, I live on the Sussex coast! I have been told that they (Fleetwood) will be knocking a considerable sum off for the delay, but noone will tell me how much. As a gesture of goodwill we let them take away the Expression we traded in a few weeks ago, but no news yet of when the new one will arrive.

This one will have to be a keeper as the alterations were quite expensive, with no discount on the van which are no being sold for a couple of grand less than we paid....its a nightmare. I nearly cancelled it several times, but I couldn't find an alternative. We really wanted the alde heating, which limited us to Bessacar (don't do the 5/6 berth layout and a bit dark inside) or Vanmaster - there rep at Earls Court spent the first 5 minutes trying to sell me a Lunar because he didn't think I could afford one and then the next 15 minutes that he could put a bath in the van if I wanted?? With sales skills like that I'm surprised he is still in business.

Sorry to go off on one but you did ask!
Feeling for you! Go to the top, talk to the MD it usually gets a response.

Good Luck and let us know how it is when it arrives

F

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts